Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
2001 RUF 3800S

Where Can I Find a IPD Plenum For my 01 Boxster S

Im having a little trouble looking for a IPD plenum. I have a 01 S and I recently bought a 75mm throttle body to go with the plenum. Does this plenum fit other models of porsches? Do I look under a different model that will fit mine?

Thanks

Old 08-18-2010, 04:54 AM   #2
Crazy Austrian

Garage
I'm not 100% on this but I believe you need to purchase a 987 or 996 plenum thats why you have to use the 75mm throttle body which is stock on a cayman and 996 - you need to find someone who has done it allready, I have a TB waiting but have not had the time to spend $900 for a possible 5 hp. what you can do is go to Pedros garage and see what he has to offer, I just bought one from him and am about to install it, let you know how it works. I have talked with at least 2 people you have installed this and said it worked very well

http://pedrosgarage.com/Site_2/TechnoTorque.html
Old 08-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #3

George, I've got the IPD Plenum.

What you'll need is a modified 3.4L Cayman plenum. The nipple is modded (larger) for the 986 boxster, and one other portion is also slightly modded.

Mate that 75mm 996/987/997 throttle body to the cayman plenum, and you'll also need two reducer silicone hoses and clamps for the plenum to connect to the manifolds.

From there, you'll also need either your own custom piping/hose, two IPD cayman hoses mated by a pipe, or the new IPD boxster hose (one piece proper fitment).

I'll have some updated pictures soon, as I'm one of the first with the new one piece silicone IPD hose for the 986.

Here is a picture of the current/temporary setup.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts

Last edited by chaudanova; 08-24-2010 at 10:17 AM.
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote