Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #1

Cruise Control for 2003 S

My 03 Boxster S came without cruise control but I'm interested in adding that option myself. Has anyone else done this before? It looks as simple as installing the correct column lever group, a bulb in the dash and the control unit under the dash. I think the wiring harness is already installed the the rest of the pieces are there to and shared by the Motronics unit.

jdm914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #2

I've got an 03 S as well with the OBC. I too am curious what else is needed to have cruise control.

I love to shift also but on a long drive on a cop infested highway, cruise is your friend. Well, that and a radar detector.
WhiteNunsOnDope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #3

2003 S cruise

Mine is a 6-speed. But cruise is so so nice on long interstate drives. I'm not getting any younger. lol
Old 08-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #4

Garage
if its like the OBC hack you will need the stalk and someone to unlock option in the computer
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
JTP

I agree cruise control is a great aid when in police infested roads. Strangely, I used cruise control the most while I was stationed at Fort Wainwright. Most of the roads on post had a 25 MPH speed limit and the MPs will pull you over for doing 27! Some Of the most painful roads to drive on were 15MPH.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #6

Cruise

Oklahoma Foreign and my local dealer both said that all I need is the correct steering column stalk and unlock the computer for that function. Also my local dealer said they would unlock the computer for cruise control for free! I guess there are good dealers out there.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm914
Oklahoma Foreign and my local dealer both said that all I need is the correct steering column stalk and unlock the computer for that function. Also my local dealer said they would unlock the computer for cruise control for free! I guess there are good dealers out there.
Yeah, in CT my local dealers told me cruise couldn't be retrofitted even after I explicitly explained the steps involved in doing so and some high-end shops said they'd do it for $100 or so. If anyone happens to know a place in or around CT that'd be nice enough to hook up a PST2 or PIWIS and enable the OBC and cruise for me free or dirt cheap I'd be eternally grateful

Sain0rs is offline   Reply With Quote