Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #1

where to buy lower track arm bushings?

I have the knocking at low speed from my lower rear track arm bushings. The metal arm looks fine, it is just that the rubber bushings have cracked and are worn out. Prices for replacement arms are 186-350 each. I cant justify buying a new arm when a rubber piece is the only problem.

Does anyone know where I can buy just the bushings? How hard are they to insert?

Thanks.

Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #2

Bump
Surely someone knows the answer.....
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 08-05-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #3

Garage
http://store.powerflexusa.com/porsche-boxster-1997---2004-urethane-bushings-p80.aspx

Got these and installed them and then put in grease fittings. Never will I have to worry about them again.
Also go to Vetexauto's site and order the track arms from them. Cheaper and they subtract the core charge when you send back your old ones.

Last edited by mmontfort; 08-05-2010 at 03:48 PM.
mmontfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #4

i would even check dc auto out of NC. Their prices aren't bad and sometimes you can negotiate.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #5

About 5k miles ago I installed these Vertex rebuilt rear lower control arms with poly bushings up front on my '02S and have been very pleased so far.

http://www.****************************************.com/ShowItem/128301%20Porsche%20Rebuilt%20Control%20Arm%20-%20Rear%20Track%20Arm.aspx

When the time comes (soon I'm afraid) I'll be replacing all the front suspension pieces with Vertex remans.

Not sure you're going to save much by fitting new poly bushings yourself - unless your time is worth $10/hr (mine's worth at least $12).
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #6

price on "inner and outer" ( I dont know what they are talking about) bushings are about 75$ each. so that would be 300$ for both sides.
otherwise I can get the whole arm from vertex for 330$ for both sides.

Are they pressure fitted or just slide on? I have to take them off any way so the extra work is negligible unless you have to have a press fitter to install.

It would seem that the price difference is so small, that I should just get it from vertex.