Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #1

Leatherique

Are you guys familiar with this product?
Any good?

I just dont to use a product on the leather seats that makes it shiny.

Whats the method of applying?

motoadve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #2
bmussatti

I am familiar with that product. Several other Forum members love it.

But, I like the leather conditioner from www.colorplus.com better. The process is:

1) Wipe on with clean terry cloth towel
2) Let sit for 12-24 hours, in your garage
3) Wipe down with a damp terry cloth towel
4) Buff dry with another clean towel
Old 09-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #3

ok here's my Espanol:

el mejor producto que yo eh usado para cuero es 1Z. No deja una aparencia grasosa o brillosa. Limpia bastante bien y sus asientos Porsche van a quedar como nuevo.
Leatherique Rejuvenator es entendido para cueros mas antiguos en que el cureo no fue acabado con un tratamiento de silicon. El suavisante de la marca Leatherique es Prestine Clean, este si se puede usar en cuero Porsche para mantenerlo suave y sin huecos.

www.openroadmotoring.com

English:
1Z leather is the best product I've ever used. It doesn't leave a shiny or greasy appearance. It cleans leather extremely well. Your Porsche seats will look like new.
Leatherique REjuvenator is intended for older leathers that were not coated.
Leatherique's conditioner/mositurizer is Prestine Clean, this works well on Porsche leather to keep them free of holes.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-28-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Sad...i should understand spanish since im Spanish and Irish...I think its the Irish drunk in me that allows me to learn only the bad words.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #5

ok, I'm working on the Italian and Brazilian versions
(no they don't speak Portuguese in Brazil! I never understand people from Portugal, its like French!)
Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoadve
Are you guys familiar with this product?
Any good?

I just dont to use a product on the leather seats that makes it shiny.

Whats the method of applying?
Hi,

Leatherique is the only product I would use. There are several good ones out there, but none better than leatherique. I've been using it for more than 12 years, it works so well on my Boxster, Esprit (Both Tan), wife's Jag (Oatmeal color - white!) and our old Lincoln Continental (Navy color) that there has never been a need to switch to anything else. It even removed all traces of ballpoint pen ink from a pen which exploded in my Esprit - gone completely!

I doubt that you'd be disappointed, it is endorsed by Lotus LTD. (Lotus Club of America), Rolls Royce Club of America and the MBCA (Mercedes-Benz Club of America ), those are pretty good endorsements. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #7

MN Boxster, how do I apply it?
Rejuvenator + Pristine clean or just pristine clean?
How often and what method?
motoadve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoadve
MN Boxster, how do I apply it?
Rejuvenator + Pristine clean or just pristine clean?
How often and what method?
You should not need the Rejuvenator, unless your leather is in really bad shape.

You use the Pristine Clean just like I stated for the colorplus product.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #9

The Prestine Clean I use with a foam applicator to spread (absorbs the least amount of product) and I let it soak in for 30 minutes while I clean the rest of the car. Using a regular terry cloth towel I buff it out. Very soft finish.

I have used the Rejuvenator many times on coated leather for experimentation. This product is meant to seep into the backside of the leather and after a day or night of soaking-in, the product pushes out the dirt to the surface. Buff with a terry cloth to lift all dirt off the surface.
The thing is that Rejuvantor won't penetrate into the backside of the leather if it has a silicon barrier (like nearly all cars made in the last 10 years) so its like brushing your teeth car wash soap. Not really the right product for the job.

by the way I purchased a sample pack of the Porsche Tequipment Car Care kit for $5 and the wheel cleaner and Leather conditioner were excellent. Just as good as P21S for wheels and 1Z leather for the seats. The Leather conditioner I might consider buying in the future when my Prestine Clean runs out. I haven't tried the vinyl treatment or paint polish but I'm sure they do a good job.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:58 AM   #10

The Porsche Care Kit was the first thing I bought (including the silver metal box). Everything in there is of very high quality (but still overpriced, of course). I heard that most of the products in the kit are actually P21S.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:13 AM   #11

This is getting ridiculous.
Right after I ordered 1Z for the leather, there's this Leatherique thing that everyone gushes about (including Perfectlap!). And I already have the Porsche leather cleaner and conditioner from the kit. I can't believe I'm becoming one of those guys that end up having a whole car-care store in the basement.

I only wish I had the time to actually try all of these products out. Having the car only on weekends I need all the time I can get to just DRIVE it. I envy most of you that have evenings during the week to give to your cars.

Last edited by z12358; 09-29-2006 at 07:22 AM.
z12358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:38 AM   #12

. For 80's cars like the Porsche 928 Leatherique is king. But for your 987 If you have 1Z you will never miss leatherique for cleaning. Follow up the 1Z with the Porsche conditioner and it will be as good as it gets. I should buy half dozen of those 1Z bottles before some eco law forces to re formulate it like the other German car care products. This is really hurting Klasse right now. I was a big fan of their VLRP (vinyl, leather, rubber and plastic) dressing which made anything look new but the reformulation made it no different than over the counter armor all and the reformulation of Klasse's mainstay ALL in One Paint Polish has not gone over well, many have switched to Zaino, Werkstatt(me), Menzerma, Optimum, etc.

anyhoo...I think these days I clean the leather every couple of months and condition once a month. A little less cleaning during top up months when the leather isn't getting dirty as often. But its still important to condition during the really cold months. I'll pull over and park after a short drive while the interior is room temp and treat the leather with conditioner. Run an errand and when I return after 30 minutes or whatever I'll buff it out. Red leather is very very easy to keep clean (not like black!). Cold temps dry out leather which leads to the tell tale cracking from not enough conditioning. A needless expense and repair.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #13

Leatherique is my favorite. I use it in both cars. In the 928 the rejuvenator brought the 20 year old seats back to life. Prestine clean keeps it beautiful and it does not make it shiny or fake looking.

1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote