Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #1

Accident Question

Stopped at a light and just taking off and was rear ended. Not very hard but hard enough. Van that hit me had a small dent in their front bumper but I had nothing - not even a scratch. Based on the dent the van hit one of the bumper pads. Had them write it up anyway in case there was some hidden damage.

What should I look for - anything? Ive driven and seems fine but worried there might be some later issue. Are those bumper pads that sturdy?

any comments would be appreciated.

2004 Boxster S

lwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #2

let a body shop look at it
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Been there, done that, $3k plus in damage

The bumper cover, a covering of styrofoam material, a bar, 2 support shocks, some links designed to deform, a bent muffler. Lots of stuff between the bumperettes and the body of the car.

In my case, no paint, chassis straight, no sheet metal damage and no damage to the lights. When I snapped a shot of it where it sat after the accident, you couldn't tell there was any damage. Her insurance company acknowledged there was damage and the body shop found more and the insurance company agreed.

Get it fixed lest the next time you get hit that way there be nothing to protect you.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote