Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #1

Import Pelican parts to Australia

Thank you to those who replied to my front brake rotors and pads change question. I have checked out the Pelican parts site and was amazed at the information and parts available- thank you for suggesting this site as well!
I want to import a set of front brake rotors, pads and sensors from Pelican parts in the US to Australia. Has anybody had any dramas with Pelican Parts or importing this type of thing to Australia via the post (or anywhere else)? I can only locate genuine Porsche parts here in Australia and they are rediculously expensive as compared to overseas prices. Pelican Parts appear to be a reputable company that I would expect to have traded overseas via post in the past. I have been 'stung' by other parts dealers in US and I am a bit 'gun shy' about committing to sale for this amount.
Any feedback about Pelican parts would be appreciated.

ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #2

Cool pelican parts

fellow porsche enthusiast,
ordering parts from part sources like Pelican should not worry you .. I have ordered a few parts from them through my sister's place in va. usa and there are no issues.. these businesses are reputable and dependable . you are not buying through ebay where all the scammers are all masquerading as honest businesses or individuals.
what you should worry about maybe are the cost of duties/taxes that revenue Australia might levy on you..
order your parts in peace.
good luck with your Boxster.
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #3

I've been purchasing parts from Pelican for years and can only reiterate their high quality of service and Wayne's (the owner) dedication to the Porsche community. That being said, I do not know about shipping to Australia, but a simple email to his customer service staff, will spell all the details for you, as they are amongst the finest in the parts business.

Good luck and shopping!
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #4

Nothing but good experiences with Pelican. Quick, accurate, and they actually respond to emails.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #5

Dunno about Australia, but having parts shipped to Canada has been no problem at all. Excellent service, prices, advice, and quick delivery. These are the good guys.

Enjoy the props, Pelican dudes - you earned 'em!

Mark
Mark_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #6

If the parts cost more than $A1000, you will pay import duty and GST on top of the invoiced cost.......
I don't know what Pelican quoted you but if you are concerned, you could give Nine Spares in Melbourne a ring (03)9394-1461, Robert Szalai is the man.
I got mine from them - cost last year for Zimmermann front rotors for S model was $A445-00 pair. Standard Boxster rotors are cheaper.