Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 AM   #1

Average MPG not changed in over a week?

Hiya

I'm beginning to think that my trip computer has locked up or something. For the last week it has reported my average MPG at 23.8 - it doesn't update at all. One day I did 6th gear motorway cruising and the other day I was driving about the hills in a spirited fashion.

Is this something others have experienced?

Ta
Anim

Anim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #2

I believe much of it has to do with the last time the counter was reset. There is a procedure in the manual that tells you how to reset the average mpg calculator. So if you've never done this, you could be averaging your mpg over tens of thousands of miles. A couple of trips won't change anything from that point of view.

I've done it before on my 986, so I know it can be done. Something like holding in on the handle for XXX seconds or something like that. That resets the numbers in the math formula.

-Dan