Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #1

Need airbag light reset in OC

Hello. I'd really appreciate a reset from a fellow forum member. I'd rather not buy a Durametric or visit my dealer($$). I work in Irvine, CA. Please PM me with price, etc. Thanks!

dalvarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #2

You may be able to have it reset at a autozone or pepboys. The airbag light is one of those iffy ones.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper5
You may be able to have it reset at a autozone or pepboys. The airbag light is one of those iffy ones.
Dead wrong! To reset the airbag you must have either the Durametric system of a PIWIS; nothing else works...........
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
A PST2 will work too.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
A PST2 will work too.
Depends upon the year, later models will need the PIWIS, which is backwards compatible for the earlier cars. The PST II is becoming a vanishing breed.......
Old 02-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Correct, but he has a 2000 Boxster S, so the PST2 will work for him in this case. I only say because he's more likely to find a shop or individual with a PST2 than a PIWIS, as they are easier/cheaper to source.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 02-11-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #7

From Mr Obvious

If you don't find and fix the cause (such as a bad seat belt buckle) resetting it won't do any good.
schnellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnellman
If you don't find and fix the cause (such as a bad seat belt buckle) resetting it won't do any good.
Yes, luckily I know the cause. I removed both door airbags temporarily while I worked on sealing the doors for a speaker upgrade. Today, I got my airbag light reset by an awesome forum member and now I'm all good. Nonetheless, this is good advise and is appreciated.
dalvarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #9

Need my airbag light reset too

Anyone able to help me reset my airbag light in OC? We disconnected the seat to change out the water pump but didn't disconnect the battery.
toddhata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #10

If you are in Irvine, Try Vision Motorsport down in Lake Forest on Granite (near the Best Buy at Lake forest and Irvine Center Drive.) Dwayne runs a great shop down there and you always get to see some interesting cars while there. Just saw a Carrera GT in the shop for service yesterday.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #11

does Lake Forest works for you?

I had great results with Hergesheimer Motorsports 949.458.7223 in Lake Forest, off Bake PWY.

Erik and Mark had always accommodate my Tech inspections without appointment and they have very reasonable rates, check them out at: http://www.hergesheimer.com/
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #12

Is there anyone that can help me reset my airbag light in my 97 Boxster? I in NNJ

Is there anyone that can help me reset my airbag light on my 97 Boxster. Im in Sussex County NJ. Does anyone know if by disconnecting the battery will it reset the airbag light. Is it something stored in the computer or cluster that activates the light? Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Last edited by nacp11; 03-26-2010 at 06:18 AM.
nacp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #13

Well, in my case, a dead battery TURNED ON my airbag light, so I don't think that's a fix. (MY06) I had a dealer do it, for free because I let them think I might be back for routine service work. ( wink,wink! ) They would have charged $58. I'd like to find someone local with a Durametric also.

stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote