Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 05:42 PM   #41

Garage
The Rainforest Green is what first attracted me to the Boxster.
Not quite a twin, same year with black interior, so probably her sister.

Last edited by gerber28; 03-31-2014 at 05:46 PM.
gerber28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #42

Yes, it took me a couple weeks' ownership to realize looking at various forum photos that the grilles are supposed to be white. At first I thought it was primer on replacement parts.
2007 GL320 CDI, 2010 CL550
2 BMW motorcycles
lkchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #43
Livin' a dream!

Garage
Elphaba?

ELPHABA meaning? Alpha BA, as in Top BadAss? baby seat in the Green launch 997 is pro, give you that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
Had Porsche racing green and tan on the 997.2S Launch:

I really like the green, but usually stick with red(s) for Boxsters. Just my preference, though. Thought about, but never did get, an ELPHABA vanity plate (would have been more appropriate with a black interior). Having had tan on the interior for both my previous Boxster and the 911, I don't know that I'd go back to tan -- didn't like how it showed wear and don't feel like keeping up with it or spray painting it. I'm hoping the black interior will age better, but time will tell. Also, having the current car as a 3rd car, it's less likely to see wear... so, I'm not sure the comparison will be valid.
greenandtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #44
Livin' a dream!

Garage
Desirable

I believe the Green IS desirable for several reasons:

-Pure rarity (special color, metallic color, whatever)
-Pure good looks
-Attractive combo with ANY interior, Black, Tan, Gray (which I hate almost anywhere), Green on Green (pics plz this is epic never seen but in my mind), you NAME it, only one I have a hard imagining is Boxster/Carrera Red, STILL epic..
-Classic color, reminiscent of BRG
-No longer offered, that much more uncommon

So, I went out f my way for this color, spent a few more bucks but the car was loved, low mileage, stock, in very good condition overall and that is worth it too!!
(and as some have mentioned, this is a general trend with the green cars, but not exclusively, just those who modify their green cars seem to be more conservative and have a better eye for taste!)

I get compliments on the cars color ALL the time, from a retired AF Officer, to my mom, to other Porsche peeps, to my mechanic, to the guy who redid my plastic window that hadn't seen one in his shop before.

So chew on that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCGuy View Post
While still on the hunt for my first Boxster, I'm struggling to find actual photos of either of the two green colors (987). I've always liked a green car with tan interior but seems they are very rare. Anyone have photos??

I assume this must be a less-than-desirable color. Any thoughts on what that would do to resale value or even ability to sell? not that I will likely EVER sell it once I get it. Have been dreaming about a Boxster for years...

crcguy

greenandtan is offline   Reply With Quote