Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #1

Boxster Spyder or Carrera GT like engine cover for 986?

Does anyone know of a company that makes something like this? I know Speedster humps are close, but I would prefer to see a seamless look on the engine cover. Has anyone seen anything like this?

mile2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #2

Garage
if you can fabricate I would just suggest using the speedster humps as a start and do a one off. but it would take some skill and vision. plus the necessary tools.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #3

It would also make it impossible to raise your top!
I thought about trying to make a set that included the articulated cover and a rear trunk lid that maintained the lines of the Speedster, but would each open as they do now. It could be accomplished, but would be very touchy to perfect fit and finish by the installer. There also may be too much flex in the rear trunk hinges/mechanism and the top cover mechanism to pull it off looks wise and still not interfere (rub paint) with each other.
I would also like to see a rear trunk lid that covered the (removed) articulated rear spoiler and had a more aesthetically pleasing spoiler or descreet wing on it.
I believe I remember seeing one for the 986, but not the 987.