Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243
where can i find this porsche decal?

or something similar, the one on the side of the car. I am toying with the idea of adding this to my speed yellow 02s.



dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 730
Since you said "or something similar", Suncoast has Boxster side decals. I suggest calling to ask if they can get the ones in your photo.

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=986987Decal&Category_Code=POTEBXTR

__________________
2003 Boxster - Sold but not forgotten
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
Rennzenn
 
j.fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,356
Garage
do a search for "porsche stripes"
or just go here: http://www.porschestripes.com/stripes.html
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 1,675
Contact Mike Z at No Bad Day Graphics for a nice set...he makes them and is a Pelican regular.

http://nbd.4nets.com/wordpress/?p=1
__________________
JGM
2002 Boxster S
1973 911 Green FrankenMeanie
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:14 AM   #5
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243
awesome, thanks for the responses. i will post pics when i get something
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243
got both sides on ebay for $47 shipped

thanks to Dragonwind

http://cgi.ebay.com/porsche-boxster-spyder-strip-side-decal-sticker_W0QQitemZ120507932483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0ed51f4 3#ht_528wt_1167

dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: texas
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy
Since you said "or something similar", Suncoast has Boxster side decals. I suggest calling to ask if they can get the ones in your photo.

http://www.e-partssales.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P&Product_Code=986987Decal&Category_Code=POTEBXTR

Had that on my old Boxster S. Thought it made the car look even better. Been considering adding the stripe on the new Boxster Spyder to my RS Spyder.
05speedyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 146
Nice dallison. Did you apply them yourself or did you have them put on professionally?

I ordered some from here and got them to change the scale on the older style porsche side decal to match the slimmer spyder one. $45, we'll see how they look when they show up. They should be silver to contrast the dark blue of my boxster.

I figured I didn't want to spend $100-200 on something that I might not like having on the car at all.

Last edited by ARModen; 04-12-2010 at 06:15 AM.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243
i did it myself. it is a pain in the ass but you must really take your time.


that color combo will be sweet.

For that price you can't go wrong. Are they local to you and if so are they going to do the install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARModen
Nice dallison. Did you apply them yourself or did you have them put on professionally?

I ordered some from here and got them to change the scale on the older style porsche side decal to match the slimmer spyder one. $45, we'll see how they look when they show up. They should be silver to contrast the dark blue of my boxster.

I figured I didn't want to spend $100-200 on something that I might not like having on the car at all.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Perfectlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,696
^^^ I'm thinking about adding just the PORSCHE lettering like the new Boxster Spyder...and those 997 Turbo 5 spokes in that silver/red pic.
__________________
GT3 Recaro Seats - Boxster Red
GT3 Aero / Carrera 18" 5 spoke / Potenza RE-11
Fabspeed Headers & Noise Maker
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
^^^ I'm thinking about adding just the PORSCHE lettering like the new Boxster Spyder...and those 997 Turbo 5 spokes in that silver/red pic.
Yeah, I really liked the look pictured in the last edition of Excellence (Silver Spyder).

Post up what you find.

Cheers,
Mike
VRsyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallison
i did it myself. it is a pain in the ass but you must really take your time.


that color combo will be sweet.

For that price you can't go wrong. Are they local to you and if so are they going to do the install?
Nope, getting shipped here. For $45 I'll give it a go myself! The car is in need of a good wash this weekend after all the pollen in the air. I have a 911 that's about the same color as your boxster, so it might get a set if I like the way it looks on the boxster.
ARModen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colchester, CT
Posts: 489
I did mine and it was my first try. They came out great!

__________________
1999 986 2.5L, Stock Exhaust (S muffler), EVO Intake, 18" Stock rims (17" during winter), IMS Upgrade, 150k+ miles and counting!
87 944S brought back to life
Dragonwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:40 AM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallison
or something similar, the one on the side of the car. I am toying with the idea of adding this to my speed yellow 02s.

Yes, surely carry on. It will give an extra ordinary look to your car, but don't forget to post the picture of the car after performing updation.
__________________
you are the love of my life
jasoncarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243
i was previously going to paint the bumperettes and the side vents to make it match, but i really like the contrast in colors.
dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
Registered User
 
dallison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here
Posts: 243

dallison is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page