Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 07:03 AM   #1

BC Velocity exhaust mods??

Whip me with a wet noodle if I couldn't work the search engine right (the key is not on the left with the damn thing!!) but has anyone done the BC Velocity exhaust mod?? http://www.bcvelocityexhaust.com/
I don't see where it could do that much, but it's also not much work to do it. The price is fairly high, but if it just gives us a cleaner and more aggressive sound it will be worth the money and the half hour it should take.
The one note I make from their pictures is they are replacing the hard T where the two exhaust streams just clobber straight into each other, but the same thing looks to happen again when it goes into the double tailpipe. From their pictures it looks like the exhaust must again make some really abrupt direction changes and be squeezed thru the connector to the two little short tailpipes.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:15 AM   #2

You should send a PM to Houston_C4S and ask him about this exhaust mod.

Mark put something very similar on his 07BoxsterS and it didn't give him any better sound nor did it give him any extra HP. In fact, it made his car sound like it was cutting a SBD fart on deceleration at the track coming off the straightaway. I heard this sound personally (ffffffffffffftt!) and teased him relentlessly for wasting $450 and creating the world's first gay farting Porsche.

Mark said he looked at the Velocity Dream web site page you listed above and said it was nearly identical to what he put on and took off of his car. He replaced his exhaust system with something that is nice and loud and only has a little cabin resonance from what he tells me.

PM him for details. It was a lot more money than the Dream mod though. There's just no way to make our cars louder with little to no cabin resonance for under a couple of grand. Most solutions are in the $4-5k range.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #3

Tanks Randall.
I don't see how it could do much, but I've seen other stuff look like it wouldn't do diddly, only to have it work great. In the grille cold air intake on the RX8 was a good example.