Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #1

Cool OBD II Codes (Check Engine Light)

I own a 2001 2.7L Boxster, but recently have been getting a check engine light (P1126 and P1133 and P0300). I am thinking possible MAF (cleaned today, but no change), O2 sensor or Vacuum leak some where. There is no rotten egg smell, so I would assume it is running lean. There is also no smoke coming from the tail pipe. I do all maintenance and repairs myself, but I like to figure out the source of the problem first.

Condition: Cold start....Misfire (solid check engine light) with engine bogging down with slight tip-in of gas pedal. When warm: Misfire is gone (solid check engine light), but engine is sluggish.

Has anyone experience this condition before?

Thanks,
Dennis

lemieud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Just take it to a shop. Pay them a hours labor to find out the problem. If it's simple,D.I.Y.,if not let the pros tackle it.

I spent a whole weekend trying to tackle a similar problem,rechecking connections,swapping parts out.....it was due to a thin rubber band that is used between the connection of the plenum and throttle body that I forgot to take of the old plenum when I replaced it. I spent probably 12 hours that weekend trying to find the problem,shop found it in 15 minutes.