Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #1

Garage
A drive on G-16 pics...

So in response to the video on here with the spyder and seinfeld driving on monterey county g-16 or carmel valley road. I decided to give it a shot. it is a BEAUTIFUL drive. By far one of the best i have been on. It can be a little slow at first but once out into the hills there isnt a soul. The road gets quite narrow but after a little bit widens right up. It is alot of fun has some good straights turns and well everything. If you ever find yourself out in the Monterey bay area I highly recommend hitting it up.

here are some pics (i appologize for the quality but i forgot my camera and all i had was my phone.)

OKAY this pic was perfect and for SOME reason the only other vehicle i saw in the previous 45 mins drove by right when i snapped it. I thought i had got the pic in time but apparently... i didnt.

enjoy... i need a beer.

Last edited by Lobo1186; 12-19-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: more stuff to add
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
JTP

For a phone camera, those are really nice photographs. Looks like a beautiful drive. Also, do you always drive with no plates?
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #3

Garage
thanks... and well yes its better for getting away. just kidding, im waiting for my plates and here in cali they give you a window sticker thing.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #4

Garage
the photos bring back memories of high school. Used to take that road in a '72 monte carlo. One of these days I'll take it in the boxster
bmcuscgr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #5

Garage
you were right its a good drive a lil dicey in some areas but very enjoyable.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #6

thsoe are great camera phone pics! what phone do you have?

why no plate? you take it off b/c you were driving so fast y ou needed to be able to "get away" or did you pull it off for the pics?
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #7

Garage
thanks! I have the blackberry storm not the newest one the original one. but it does have a good camera on it. and i dont have plates because the state of cali hasnt sent them yet so i have a window sticker.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #8

Smile

Lobo,

Thanks for this thread. I've been living in the No. VA area for what seems a lifetime and I sure remember some of those Monterey roads like it was yesterday.

I have a special request though... you think in the near future you could take your camera on a nice cruise south on Hwy 1 toward Big Sur?
past: 2010 Boxster S
turbo23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #9

Garage
Sure! i was actually planning on doing that within the next few days. (this time ill have a real camera as opposed to my phone.) Im reletively new to this area so if anyone knows of any great drives. Let me know and ill give it a shot and take some pics.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
Sure! i was actually planning on doing that within the next few days. (this time ill have a real camera as opposed to my phone.) Im reletively new to this area so if anyone knows of any great drives. Let me know and ill give it a shot and take some pics.
Here's another request from snowy No. VA (almost 2' this weekend!).

Eons ago I spent a summer in Santa Cruz working for some bearded birkenstock-shod professor (no joke). I swear the guy looked like some Neanderthal (and drove a Volvo of course).

Trying to burn off the stress I used to blast regularly up route 9 through the redwoods towards Ben Lomond in my '75 Rabbit. Stunning drive. And had a most positive affect on my mood. :dance:

Just a suggestion -- drive safely!
Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #11

Garage
OK here's another road in that area that's supposed to be pretty good. Hwy 25 from Hollister south to Pinnacles National Monument ( maybe even down to Hwy 198 and west back to 101). The Diablo Region of PCA had an article on it a few years ago and a friend said he thought Forbes magazine had quoted a Porsche executive about driving it.

bmcuscgr94 is offline   Reply With Quote