Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TrunkSteve
My wife is voting against it, it's too red for her taste. She thinks it clashes too much and it should be much darker and closer to the car color if I go that route.
I agree w/ her.

Quote:
Anyone think Space Grey color would look good with the Arena Red?
OH I DO! I DO! Graphite Grey (pretty close to space grey) looks great on an AR Boxster...

...then again I might be biased

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #22

The red looks like too much red. The grey looks better but not quite. My money would buy black, you can't go wrong there, but it's not my money. Buy what You like.....
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #23

Quote:
I really want to go with something other than black, but at roughly $1,500 I want to be sure it's not too crazy. That's an expensive mistake. Anyone think Space Grey color would look good with the Arena Red? It's much more subtle.
My '02 S top's original and grey, and the car's lapis - a beautiful combo. It probably looked stunning when new, but after a few years of exposure to acid rain and air pollution it's not looking great. It also readily shows smudges on the sides from stowage. No amount of cleaning makes a big difference at a certain point.

In light of the fact that air quality's not great in Bakersfield, black would be a far more practical choice. I know my next top will be black. If you car's a garage queen or you expect to move on to something else before the top starts looking lousy, then go with grey. It is a nice contract to Arena Red.
gschotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 PM   #24

I like it, but I saw the same color car with a tan top at the dealer last week and thought it was one of the best looking 986s I've seen.

The question is: Who is more important to you? You and your eyes or everyone else. If you're the one to please you don't need our opinions.

Either way you've got a great looking car and any of the tops being suggested would work well with it.
binsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #25

Arena red is a great color, Guards red is for Corvettes.

Top color doesn't make much difference.

Arena red with gray interior looks great on 911s
gerry100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #26

Go With Black

When in doubt stick with Black

tinypond is offline   Reply With Quote