Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #41

Years ago I bought a used vehicle from a dealer that advertised a 115 point inspection on all of their vehicles and included the check list in the glovebox. When I started driving it on the highway It didn't feel right so I took it to a wheel & tire place where I knew the owner and mechanics. All four wheels and tires were bad, you couldn't tell by looking but the wheels were slightly bent and the tires were damaged internally. I went to the mechanic that had signed the 115 point check list and asked about the wheels and tires being bad. He told me he had told the manager but was instructed to check them off as good. The worse part is I was an employee of the dealer at the time this occurred.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #42

I just Purchased 97 with 30,000 miles.
The original owner was the owner of the Porsche dealership in Atlanta, GA. According to the history it was one of the first boxers on the east coast. It was sold and brought to S.C. in 2004 with 17,000 miles.

All papaer work and receipts were included from day one. Including the most recent 30,000 mile tune up.

I had the local dealership go through the car and the only two things they found was moisture in the trunk from a bad radiator cap and front pads with about 40% life left on them.

As far tire condition I have 95% left on front and about 50% on rear

225/45/17 Micheline Pilots
265/40/17 Micheline Pilots

TechArt 3-piece formula rims

I paid $10,500

Hopefully this gives you something to compare to

Last edited by DamageINC123; 11-27-2009 at 06:42 PM.
DamageINC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #43

The cheapest early model on an Aussie website is $32K.
Try looking at Carsales.com.au.
I think $10K for a driveable vehicle is a bargain. Repairable write offs pull more than that at auctions over here.
The Boxsters fetch much higher prices here than in the USA.
If you buy the vehicle, as long as you are happy with what you pay, then that is all that matters.

Pinarelloman is offline   Reply With Quote