Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #1

Tracking problem on porsche boxter 986 2003 sos!!!

So this is my story ,
this july i bought myself a boxster 986 / 2003 /2.7
before i buy the car i had it checked by porsche in greece and got a status report
that everything was ok !
3 weeks ago i had a small accident and i hit the left wing and the rim, given the opportunity i changed my tires also because the left tire was flat after the accident
When they tried to do the tracking of the car they realised tha the RIGHT SIDE had an alignment problem and the guy told me that it was not from the accident and probably i bought the car like that .
I told him that i had a status report of the car before i buy it and and they claimed that a slight tremmbling after 150klm was due to the tires , now that they really checked the car with the new tires and its worsend they say that it wasnt possible to see at the time of the report and its not their problem that i bought a faulty car.
Also they said that MAYBE its due to front suspension and i sould change it but without being sure that this is the reason of he trembling or the tracking problem.
Any recommendations ???????
thanks stratos

Last edited by ekouroumpas; 10-29-2009 at 01:26 PM.
ekouroumpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #2

Garage
so how does the problem on the right side have to do with impact on the left? also just because it got checked doesnt mean they got everything especially when it comes to alignment. alignment often isnt checked and if you want it checked you have to pay extra (at least theses are things i have heard/experienced) you could even call the shop that cleared ur box the first time around and ask them if they did an alignment check. and if they did you should even have the readout telling you what the alignment was before the accident. if they did show them the sheet and if there are any discrepancies then you will have something to go on.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #3

i also think that the bump on the left has nothing to do with the problem on the right , the status report was made at the porsche centrals in athens, i was there and i know that they didnt try to allign the car BUT on the report it says that the suspension and the guidance system is ok
Old 10-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Track rat

Garage
Get a second opinion from an experienced Porsche repair shop. A dealer service writers first obligation is to sell stuff. If it also fixes the problem it's a plus.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #5

Garage
you would need to go to an alignment shop. because if any damage was done to suspension etc then they will not be able to align it properly and they will have to find the cause. most shops dont do alignment. here i asked all sorts of porsche guys and all of them told me a specific shop in my area. my recomendation is call around find who is the best for tire alignment go to him explain ur situation and he will help you figure it all out
Old 11-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186
you would need to go to an alignment shop. because if any damage was done to suspension etc then they will not be able to align it properly and they will have to find the cause. most shops dont do alignment. here i asked all sorts of porsche guys and all of them told me a specific shop in my area. my recomendation is call around find who is the best for tire alignment go to him explain ur situation and he will help you figure it all out
Hahahaha thank you guys for the help ! listen to this they called me back to tell me that their allignment machine was broken !!!!!!!! (OMG) and thats why the car is not alligned aqnd that i should take it back to fix it ! Thanks guys !
Old 11-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #7

Garage
im glad that was the cause and not ur box! now get it fixed and have some fun

Old 11-05-2009, 04:50 AM   #8

These cars are all defective anyway, the tires only last 10K miles

Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo1186