Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2005, 06:15 PM   #1

Discount from MSRP on 987

Several of you have written to me on the issue of 987 pricing. I hear that most dealers at sticking to MSPR on the 987s.

If you are SERIOUS about buying, I can assist you in getting a discount off MSPR from my local Porsche dealer. If you are SERIOUS, pls send me a private message and I will make the connection for you.

I get no dough on this, only the satisfaction of helping our forum members.

If you want a used Box, I can help you there too!

Thanks

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:12 AM   #2

Rich,

I started a thread in the Rennlist 987 forum about negotiating room. The consensus there was that $3k to $4k discounts were to be had, depending on circumstances. The biggest discounts seemed to be on S's in the northeast. Obviously, any help you can give in getting a discount would be most appreciated by those seriously considering a 987. Thank you for the offer.

As for me, after much thought, I am probably going to upgrade my 2000S to a 2003S (warranty, cup holders, glove box, glass rear window, 8 extra hp) and wait a couple of years to go to a 987. Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit.
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #3

I ordered a new Boxster S from the local Porsche dealership here in San Diego and they were willing to work with me on the price. A little bit, at least, nothing like I've been used to in the past with my previous purchases, but they weren't Porsches after all. And if you're looking for 2004 Boxster-like discounts, no dice right now.

I don't take delivery until May though. A difficult wait...
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #4

Ordered '05 S 3 weeks ago and got about 6% off. I feel that is about right, here in the N.E., don't see why it's not the same elsewhere. I did have to shop around but in the end the local dealer seemed happy to meet the best price. Let them know you are serious up front and that you know what you are doing. A 100 or 150 miles is not too far to go to pick up your car, anyone of them will be glad to service it. May is a long wait for the one with your name on it, and then 2000 miles under 4000 RPM's, I'll go nuts
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranbar2
Rich,

I started a thread in the Rennlist 987 forum about negotiating room. The consensus there was that $3k to $4k discounts were to be had, depending on circumstances. The biggest discounts seemed to be on S's in the northeast. Obviously, any help you can give in getting a discount would be most appreciated by those seriously considering a 987. Thank you for the offer.

As for me, after much thought, I am probably going to upgrade my 2000S to a 2003S (warranty, cup holders, glove box, glass rear window, 8 extra hp) and wait a couple of years to go to a 987. Let someone else take the initial depreciation hit.
Good decision
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #6

For the two gentlemen who have just ordered their Boxster S, what options did you get?

I am ready to order mine in the end of this months, just have to work out the options and colors. I hope I can drive it in May or June. But I am not in a hurry. Six percents dicount appears to be pretty good. I hope I can get the same deal or close to it from my local dealer. If they don't, I will walk.

Later,
underDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #7

Well, graybeard kicked my ass. I only got $1500 off, although they say I can re-negotiate when the car arrives, but realistically they'll have me by the balls--I can always walk away then but...but...my baby's arrived, y'know? Besides, it'll be summer in California, yeah they're going to be having a hard time selling Boxsters then, uh huh...

Here's the options I ordered:

Seal Grey Metallic
PASM
Xenon headlights
Bose stereo
Heated seats
Sport Chrono

Pretty basic. My problem has been that every Boxster S that I've found so far has been fairly-well gussied up and priced around $70,000. I was trying to keep it around $60,000.

I couldn't even get them to throw in the floor mats. Quite a difference experience than the Mitsubishi dealership.

Last edited by eslai; 03-10-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:47 AM   #8

Talking

My guess is that you bought this a Pioneer Centres. Did I guess right?

PS when I sell my used Boxsters, they ALL come with mats. And mug and hat too!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #9

I would expect a San Diego porsche dealer to know that little tidbit.

Any ideas on what Hoehn is offering? I didn't get too deep into talks with them.

You can't compare used market to new though--while it's well and good for you to say you offer mats, mugs whatever, it's a totally different playground. Used boxsters are a VERY affordable and VERY saturated market. Not to discredit you or anything, I'm sure anyone here buying from you would end up quite happy!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:47 AM   #10

Thanks. I can tell you that Pioneer's margins are WAY higher than mine. For that, they could toss in some mats I would think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
I would expect a San Diego porsche dealer to know that little tidbit.

Any ideas on what Hoehn is offering? I didn't get too deep into talks with them.

You can't compare used market to new though--while it's well and good for you to say you offer mats, mugs whatever, it's a totally different playground. Used boxsters are a VERY affordable and VERY saturated market. Not to discredit you or anything, I'm sure anyone here buying from you would end up quite happy!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #11

underDAWG

The options I ordered are a reflection of my intended use. The wife and I like to get out in the contry and try to get lost, put some music in the CD, enjoy the sights, shut out the world. With that said we chose

Full Leather
Heated Seats
Bose
Climate Control
Dimming Mirrors/Rain Sensors
Mats
Crested Seats
Xenon Lamps
PCM with Nav
Deleted Model Designaton (free oh boy)

The car will be Guards Red, Black top, Sand Beige interior

Will spring ever arrive here in New England ???
Graybeard
Old 03-11-2005, 03:11 PM   #12

"Will spring ever arrive here in New England ???"

In my experience, Spring will arrive around June 3rd!

Hang in there!

Old 03-12-2005, 08:06 AM   #13

Gentlemen, thanks for sharing your choices of option with me. Great selection by the way.

Here is what I am thinking to get for my first Porsche:

Boxster S with:

1. Preferred Package which includes: Wheel Caps with Colored Crest, Self-dim Mirrors and Rain Sensor, Heated Seats, Floor Mats in Interior Color. $2190.

2. Sport Chrono package which includes analog and digital chronometer, sport button in center console; also adds ability to adjust lighting, wipers, AC and door locking to suit personal preference. $920

3. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) which Includes active management of suspension firmness and a ride height decrease of 10 mm from standard suspension $1990

4. Windstop $ 375

5. Bose Surround Sound $950

I have not decided if I need Auto Climate Control or Bi-Xenon light. I don’t like blue tinted light and in my experience, it really bad for bad weather driving. However, I have not experienced the Porsche Bi-Xenon, so if anyone has the direct experience in driving in the snow or fog using these lights please share with me.

BTW on Page 86 in the Boxster Booklet, it states that auto climate control is standard in every Boxster. Apparently, it is not so.

The whole package comes to $61,020. When compared to 911, I think it is still a great bargain having such a well designed and balanced, well executed Porsche Driving Instrument. Yes, 911’s have a bigger engine and are faster. Since I have no desire to do track (no offend to anyone), it really do not have much good here in Delaware. I do enjoy an occasional high speed driving through the back country road in the middle of the night when it rains.

Cheers
Old 03-12-2005, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard

Will spring ever arrive here in New England ???

Graybeard
Hehehe...... At least you are close to NH and VT where the roads are made for a Porsche.

Later,
Old 03-12-2005, 08:36 AM   #15

This might be new for 05. I have never seen one with manual controls for the CC.

"BTW on Page 86 in the Boxster Booklet, it states that auto climate control is standard in every Boxster. Apparently, it is not so."
Old 03-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
"Will spring ever arrive here in New England ???"

In my experience, Spring will arrive around June 3rd!

Hang in there!

Just in time for fall
Old 03-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #17

prefferred package

underDawg
you listed perffered package as an option @ 2195.00. Get the items separate save the bucks for taxes.

crested wheel covers 170.00
diming mirrors/rain sensors 690.00
heated seats 480.00
floor mats 115.00

the total comes in @ 1475.00
Old 03-13-2005, 06:26 AM   #18

Thanks GB,

I will look into this. There are a few discrepanies between the porsche book and their website. I thought the preferred package also include the sound plus system too. Hey there is nothing wrong to save a few bucks for a couple minutes of my time.

Later,
Old 03-13-2005, 06:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
This might be new for 05. I have never seen one with manual controls for the CC.

Bruce,

The automatic climate control is a $550 option item listed in their book as well as in their website. I need to call up their friendly sales professional to clarify this. Thanks.

Later,

Last edited by underDAWG; 03-13-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #20

Did you learn anthing about cc? test drove the 987S and the controls did not seem to be automatic, but then again a lot of new things to see, touch, hear (how sweet that was) and feel, it was quick. Seeing how I,m getting this option I'd be curious.