Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Porschephile

Boxster S 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition

I read somewhere that Porsche only shipped 350 AE cars to the United Kingdom. Got me thinking... how many Anniversary cars Porsche shipped to the US. I called the customer hotline and they looked into it for me but called me back and said that Porsche "doesn't release that info". Out of 1,953 cars produced I wonder how many owners are on this site? If you've got one of these cars please post what number you have and where you are located. I just think it would be cool to know how many are still out there and where they are...

Tom Niejadlik (Tomikaze)
Portland, Maine
2004 Boxster S 550 Spyder 50th Anniversary Edition
#1276 of 1953

Old 10-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #2

Ebay

I just saw 2 or 3 up for sale on Ebay - doesn't seem like they are getting much of a "collectible" premium. But I am sure there are far better experts on special edition cars on this site than me.
urban_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #3
dalealan2001

Smile Porsche Boxster S 550 Spyder owner

I have number #298 of 1953. Not sure how "collectable" they will be, but it is great having a car that has so many unique and special features..especially the Cocoa interior. They do demand a premium over other boxsters around 3000 dollars - check kbb.

Last edited by dalealan2001; 10-26-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #4

Yup...I have to agree

The cocoa is my favorite interior - and hides the coffee spills.
urban_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
Porschephile

I've watched several of these be listed on eBay repeatedly and not sell. Doesn't mean they won't be collectible. Most sellers do a poor job of listing a car on eBay. Doesn't give the buyer any good feelings about buying the car. Of the two I have been watching one was a poor listing with a high(er) mileage car and the other one was a private sale high mileage car with a less desirable automatic. I think down the road the car will hold it's value a little better than a non special edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_legend
I just saw 2 or 3 up for sale on Ebay - doesn't seem like they are getting much of a "collectible" premium. But I am sure there are far better experts on special edition cars on this site than me.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #6
dalealan2001

I've heard less than 500 of them in the US