Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #1

radio problem

I have a becker cdr -220 in my 2000 boxster I got a ipod connector for it i folloed the great instructions. I had to press in the TP button util becker 1 shoed up turned knob to AUX which was off. I turned it on .Turned off radio and plagged in ipod into connector. I was then instruced to press and hold "S" button on radio until AUX showed up again IT did not . All is hows is NO CD and does not show AUX . any ideas what is wrong? Its seams that everthing is working ok This is my 2nd cable The person took it out of his '99 boxster and sent it to me. It is just not recoginising it
I would appreciate any advice thanks

Ncox615

ncox615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #2

Pull your faceplate and clean the contacts on the FP and HU, then carefully realign and replace. That should take care of it.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncox615
I would appreciate any advice thanks

Ncox615
Spellcheck?

Hopefully LB's advice worked for you. Welcome to the forum.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #4

Ncox615 got his stereo to recognize the AUX port and the cable connected to it. Cleaning the contacts did the trick. I know this because I was the one providing the cable. We're both quite happy to have things working now.

If any of you folks are looking for a way to connect your iPods with your CR/CDR-220 head untis, let me know.

Cheers,
-Jeremy
RaisedOnPorsches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #5

Smile CDR 220 Aux (ipod recognition)

Hey there! My first response of any kind, hope it helps someone. The Ipod cable I ordered from Blaupunkt had a blue plug for the C3 location @ rear of unit, a fused red wire for Lighter or whatever +12 source you chose, & a black ground wire. Simple. As usual, I got what I needed from a 986Forum dude. I held in the 'TP' button to get to the menu & scrolled to the 'aux on/off', but it would not switch. Another user said to clean the contacts on the back of the faceplate & unit. So I started over again, this time with the Ipod blasting a signal which was quickly recognized & I got it switched to 'on' & with the 's' button my toxic tunes abruptly blasted a smile on my face! Call anytime, Martin 253-514-9002

mdimant is offline   Reply With Quote