Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2002, 09:25 AM   #1

Talking Made a new forum logo, so whaddya think?

Didn't turn out too badly, so whaddya all think? Is it a keeper? We apparently need a new logo graphic due to Porsche legal and the image of the Boxster that is being used now.

mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
JT
Administrator and Founder

I like it ! As you can see it is already up on the site.

JT
Old 11-30-2002, 10:53 AM   #3

Talking New logo

Yeah, doesn't look too bad at all if I do say so myself.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
Forum Contributor

Looks Great. Would look even better if it was the seal gray.

Old 11-30-2002, 12:57 PM   #5
Forum Contributor

(Just Kidding)
Old 12-03-2002, 06:53 PM   #6

Looks great. Although, I do believe there is too much exposure to silver cars.... (no offence to owners of silver cars!). Perhaps a Lapis Blue???
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:36 AM   #7

Talking Silver vs other colors

I will have to check out your cars on the pages for the "Show and Tell" here. Maybe I can use some of them and do a Photoshop job on them now and them. If you haven't put your Boxster's pictures in the Show and Tell area yet, please do so. BTW, I love the seal grey and the lapis blue, those are really great colors.

EDIT: EHLJAGs, I downloaded your lapis. Image is kind of washed out though. Do you have any better shots that are truer to the real color? I will play around with that shot sometime and see what I can do with it.

EDIT #2: OK, I did an auto levels adjustment of your image in Photoshop, now I have a good true color to work with. I will see what I can do with it.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 12-04-2002 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:50 AM   #8

Talking Lapis

OK, here is the image with the adjustment. Much better color now and not so washed out. However, this would take some work to get it to look right for the forum graphic since I would have to fix the reflections from the house and the driveway, plus extract it from the background. I will do that when I have more time. It might be awhile, kinda busy right now and leaving soon for Europe. You have any other pictures of it perhaps where there is not so much reflection and something neutral as the background? That would be a lot easier to do.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 12-04-2002 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:24 PM   #9

I love your guys whom are wizards with the graphics stuff.

Yes, I might have a photo or 2 (G_D only knows how many photos I have of the car....)

Where are you heading to in Europe? i am also heading to Eruope in early january.

Ed
Old 12-04-2002, 05:27 PM   #10

Well...

I am just a dabbler, not a wizard by any means. But, I enjoy playing around with it.

Going first to Munich, my hometown, where we will sightsee and visit relatives. Then into Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland to ski, visit more relatives and friends. Might get down to Italy, not sure. Then back thru Innsbruck to Munich. Few more days in Munich and some day trips to Salzburg and Nuernberg. Then back home.

Where are you going in Europe in January?
Old 12-04-2002, 06:03 PM   #11

Business in Barneveld, The Netherlands for 2 weeks. Planning a weekend in Paris and one in Belgium visiting a friend.

I have heard there are Porsche factory tours available and I am trying to investigate. Have you heard of this?

If wife joins me after my business demands, we are thinking about Venice or some other Italian city/area.

Any suggestions for getting out of the cold of The Netherlands?
Old 12-05-2002, 02:35 AM   #12

Factory tours

Yep. I have heard about the Porsche factory tours as well, but I have no information about how you arrange that.

European (winter) weather being what it is, hard to say, but the further south you go the better the chances of finding some warmth I suppose. It will probably be 10 C warmer in Venice though than in Holland, but you never know til you get there. Hope you find some warmth while you are over there.