Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 01:48 AM   #1

Seats for my Boxster??

I am 6'1 and have found that a little more leaning back room would be nice. I want to find a seat that will seat me about an inch or two lower. Thoght about Elise seats...any ideas? (besides buying a 911)

RCARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #2

Google Brey Krause

and you'll see seat brackets that can mount aftermarket and Porsche seats (with or without sliders) up to several inches lower. Be sure and try the seats first to see how you'll fit in them.

This is a topic that comes up every 6 months or so ... so do some searching for "lower seats" on several Boxster forums and you'll be sure and find some more opinions.

Last edited by mikefocke; 09-14-2009 at 04:38 AM.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #3

I have replaced the factory seats with GT3 seats. I love them!
Weekend Fun car: 02 Boxster S
Mark Dreyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #4

I found that the GT3 seats gave me less headroom than the stock seats only because they are the same height (with sliders), but you sit so much more upright. If you can go without sliders, then any racing seat should give you a bit more head room. If you want sliders, the Recaro seats will give you about an inch and a half more headroom. However, if you go with the SPG XL (which is the only option for a lot of tall guys), you will give up about 2.5 inches of legroom. The seat is so tall that it hits the rollbar. The nice thing about that is you head will never hit the rollbar, it will hit the seat back.

I detailed my findings when searching for a lower seat solution in the following thread: The truth about GT3 seats for tall drivers.

One thing I did not mention in that thread is that the headliner in the hardtop is a bit lower than the early soft top. I plan to modify mine to get the same amount of room.

Last edited by Mike_Yi; 09-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:45 AM   #5

Thanks.

RCARR is offline   Reply With Quote