Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to phrankandbeanz
Litronic conversion

Can anyone post up good articles about litronic conversion on a non litronic vehicle? Or if there is anyone in socal that I can pay to do it for me, just PM me

phrankandbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #2

Our local group made a movie of the install....
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:42 AM   #3

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/box_litronic/litronic_pg1a.htm

A movie is good idea as this install might sound a bit adventurous for some.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #4

Toolpants, why do you taunt us this way?

You're always referring to the videos on CD and DVD that your club produced, yet you never tell me where I can buy them! Please post buying info.

Thanks!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:53 PM   #5

I am not in the business of selling Porsche stuff. It took almost a year of work on cars day to come up with 3 DVDs of certain projects. It takes many, many hours of time to come up with a decent 30 minutes for a DVD of something like a short shift install. Then if the video was not good enough to me then we would have to find another car and film it all over again.

We shot many hours of video tape at various subsequent work on cars days that may never make it to a DVD. 30k service. How to change spark plugs. Oil and filter changes. Belt change. Brake pad change. And stuff like that. I have not even looked at the tapes. I do not own a digital video camera and have no clue on how to make a DVD. Henry and other local owners do that part. I know how to work on the cars, but not much else.

I would never make it in Hollywood....
Old 03-01-2005, 02:33 PM   #6

where can we purchase these?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:52 PM   #7

Toolpants, from what you wrote, you're just a tease... really! Do you realize this?

Why comment that you shot an instructional film about it if you have no intention of selling it or making it available to us? That's as bad as a topless club. It's right in front of you, but NO TOUCHING allowed.

I tell you what I'll do... I will figure out how to put the videos you have (good, fair or lousy quality) into quicktime format so they can be posted to a web site and streamed for those who need to see them to install stuff.

Heck, I'll even post them to my personal web site if you like. This way, Boxster owners everywhere can get them.

Beats the tar out of having them lying around doing no one any good. Let me know...

Tag, you're it.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Toolpants, from what you wrote, you're just a tease... really! Do you realize this?

Why comment that you shot an instructional film about it if you have no intention of selling it or making it available to us? That's as bad as a topless club. It's right in front of you, but NO TOUCHING allowed.

I tell you what I'll do... I will figure out how to put the videos you have (good, fair or lousy quality) into quicktime format so they can be posted to a web site and streamed for those who need to see them to install stuff.

Heck, I'll even post them to my personal web site if you like. This way, Boxster owners everywhere can get them.

Beats the tar out of having them lying around doing no one any good. Let me know...

Tag, you're it.
hell yes!
Old 03-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #9

We did sell a lot of them and I think Henry is still selling them. http://www.vssi-eda.com/9x6werks/

Topless club....

Do they let you film there? Maybe on the next DVD we can use some footage to spice things up.