Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #1

door lock sensor

1997 Boxster, the indicator light on the door lock swith sometimes comes on even when doors locked and stays on when you unlock the doors, is there a sensor attached to the door lock mechanisims? Also, when this happen the auto window level adjustment when the top is up doesn't work, the windows do not move down the 1/4 to 1/2 inch until the doors are shut and then close tight. This is not a new problem with this car, I bought it about two weeks ago with 29k, but there are rub marks on the top if the window and the plastic molding on the top where the window hits when the door is shut. Is this a common problema and is anyone aware of which sensor needs to be replaced?

Thanks Tom

tnb121562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnb121562
1997 Boxster, the indicator light on the door lock swith sometimes comes on even when doors locked and stays on when you unlock the doors, is there a sensor attached to the door lock mechanisims? Also, when this happen the auto window level adjustment when the top is up doesn't work, the windows do not move down the 1/4 to 1/2 inch until the doors are shut and then close tight. This is not a new problem with this car, I bought it about two weeks ago with 29k, but there are rub marks on the top if the window and the plastic molding on the top where the window hits when the door is shut. Is this a common problema and is anyone aware of which sensor needs to be replaced?

Thanks Tom
When the doors are locked, the red light should be on.
There is a microswitch in each of the door's latches that tells the window mechanism of that particular door that it is about to open and should lower the glass 1/4".
If the microswitch is faulty, then the glass won't move.
Also, there's another 2 microswitches where the top latches to the car. If these microswitches are bad or out of adjustment the windows won't act properly either.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #3

Thanks for the info, I will take a look for the icro switches to confirm they are aligned. As for the door lock master switch on the dash the light is sometimes on when the doors are unlocked. Any ideas
tnb121562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #4

the door lock indicator red LED on the switch started to come on by itself.
this started couple of days ago and only happens when the car is being driven on the freeway.
It comes on and goes off by itself but does not look like it is influencing anything else.
the door locking mechanism in the door only "makes noise" when i push the lock switch.
sb01box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #5

Hi,

I too have a similar problem, I believe my passenger side micro switch is falling apart as it causes the doors to lock/unlock while driving. Also, this window does not always go down when opening the door (others are fine though)

Do I get to this switch from inside (as in remove the door trim?) Or is there another way? Any pictures of what I am looking for or even better, a step by step guide?

Thanks,
Sam
sparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #6

I am experiencing just what is being discussed here. Any solutions?? Sounds like a microswitch and not a regulator. Window goes up and down with the interior switch but does not drop when the handle is pulled from inside or outside the car.

Every 10 times I open the door it works as it should. Makes me think its a short somewhere. PLEASE HELP.

97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote