Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #21

Same for me Automon. I can't wait because in about 2 weeks it should finally be nice enough to get the car out. It's been 4 mo but it feels like four yrs so it will almost be like the first timeI got to drive my car.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #22

Garage
I use mine all year around... live in Montreal, canada...The car goes quite nicely in winter...in fact we are getting 6 inches of snow today... Run 16"original wheels with Michelin winters... and 17" in summer...

Biggest problem here is the quality of our roads... more fitted to SUVs than any sports car....
fourniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #23

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourniem
I use mine all year around... live in Montreal, canada...The car goes quite nicely in winter...in fact we are getting 6 inches of snow today... Run 16"original wheels with Michelin winters... and 17" in summer...

Biggest problem here is the quality of our roads... more fitted to SUVs than any sports car....
I think many of those who are bashing the winter use of the Boxster don't realize that it's actually quite capable and not very prone to damage at all in winter climates.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #24

C and D, I guess... I drive my car whenever possible when it's not raining. We don't get snow here in Houston.

Because my wife and I carpool to our office every day, and take Lady, our golden retreiver with us, there's not enough room in the Boxster to be used as a daily driver...
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #25

Pretty much a daily driver for me. My inlaws have been in town since I got the car and are using the wife's car. After they leave we'll probably switch off which car we take in to work (we work together) in hopes of keeping the miles down on both of them.
PasadenaBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #26

Garage
YellowJacket is quite right...the car is quite amazing ..once it gets going... as much as I have never missed a limited slip diff in summer, I wish I had it in witer when we have a big snowfall....just to get away from a stop... after that.. no problems... this car is so well balanced with the masses centered that even when I push a little bit... it always comes back with a small move from the wheel.. great fun !!!
fourniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #27

a daily driver

Count me (or my car) as an "A". It is driven every day, rain or shine, no problems.

FWIW, there is a guy near my neighborhood who drives his mid-80s Ferrari 308 (or 328) GTSQV every day rain oir shine.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:54 PM   #28

daily...

if I go a day without driving it I start getting withdrawl symptoms!
seriously, I dig driving this car!

it's a third car for my family (expedition and volvo xc wagon), but unlike most porsche-as-third-car-scenarios, mine gets driven as much as possible...easy to do here...it's like 65 and sunny today.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #29

A and C for me

I also have a SUV but just can't part with my Boxer. If this continues, she is going have 20k plus miles within a year.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #30
Lux

Daily driver here. The car is too fun to save it for the next person to enjoy.

-
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #31

Daily Driver for me too

It puts me in a good mood on my way to client meetings, puts me in an even better mood on the way back from client meetings. All year round car too, but they wouldn't know that you need salt on the roads here in winter.

The only time I use the VW Passat is when we have more than 2 people to transport, a trip to Bunnings (Aussie version of HomeDepot) or we are heading on a long interstate trip with loads of luggage (like going to the skifields in winter).

aglsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:41 PM   #32

Almost daily driver. I drive the Boxster 3 to 4 times a week and my truck the rest. The box does very well in all weather conditions, but the other drivers don't seem to do well when the weather turns bad. My truck can take a poor driver bouncing off of it better than the boxster.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #33

Live in the north east, only have summer tires for it, do try to roll it every 3 or 4 weeks in the winter. Garage Queen for sure, but still manage about 10000/year. Luv is a red boxster and warm weather!
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:18 PM   #34

C for me~ IS300 is my daily car.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #35

I have a 2000 Arena Red 2.7 that is a daily driver except when I have too much to haul and have to get in the pickup truck. Cars are like good dogs, they should not go a day without one-on-one interaction.
ED3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:56 AM   #36

Mine is never used for commuting. I will only drive it on sunny days, cold or warm.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:32 AM   #37

Sunday clothing: clean and shiny at all times, and never worn in inclement weather.

jim
wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:46 AM   #38

Pretty much A. Commute from Corona to LAX daily. Occassionally take the Bronco, rarely take the Jeep. Often swap cars with milady - which means I'm "stuck" with her BMW X5

Will probably source a lightweight car cover though - my office is on the west end of the LAX airfield, that Jet-A residue can't be good for the paint.
Old Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:10 AM   #39

what sort of residue is that? I live about 5 minutes drive from an an airport myself.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #40

Jet exhaust is very degrading to auto finishes. New car manufacturers who bring their cars in to the US via Long Beach found this out years ago. That is why you see the cars coming in now with while plastic sheets covering all the flat services.

This fallout from the planes can ruin your paint unless you cover your car or get a qaulity sealent like Klasse on there and wash your car very often.

Bad stuff indeed!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote