Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #1

How many members use the Boxster daily?

How many of our forum use their Boxsters:
A/ Daily Drivers- use the car to work daily, all weather conditions.
B/ Garage Queens- car sits in a toasty garage hibernating for the winter.
C/ Weekend cars- all weather.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:28 PM   #2

Daily Driver

A- Daily driver- NY even in the snow. 20 miles a day roundtrip
Old 02-28-2005, 07:57 PM   #3

B/ for me I guess. My car has never seen rain nor snow, but I drive the snot out of it when the weather gets nice. I can't wait to get on the track this summer.

Pilot, hows all that snow treating ya? Hey, also, how many miles do you have racked up on your 03 so far? I have a tad over 10K right now.

Last edited by Adam; 02-28-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #4

It's my only car. Daily driver. I'm in CA, though. I could have bought 2 cars, but neither one could have been a Porsche...
CA_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 PM   #5

daily driver, to and from work. i don't take my porsche out on weekend nights much, we usually pile into my roommates jeep and hit the clubs with big groups, and i don't drink and drive, so she sleeps on weekend evenings.
Morelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #6

All of the above....

Drive it to work everyday

Let it sleep in the nice toasty garage at night after a good-night dusting

And hit the road on weekend for the pure pleasure of the drive.

DevNull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:43 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to phrankandbeanz
daily driver for me!
phrankandbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #8

It is my only car.

But never driven in snow.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:36 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Richard Truss
it too is my only car, and outside of the completely unusual snow storm we saw one day here in las vegas (@ 5 inches) it has never seen the snow. but i drive it everywhere and love it.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 AM   #10

sunday car. with the huge parking lot that is manila traffic, it's the only day you get to nail the throttle. it's just a sin to let it crawl in traffic all the way to work.

i'm of the opinion that if you let the car sit for too long, it starts to "invent" ailments... dunno if you guys have encountered this with your cars.
rrb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 03:47 AM   #11

I’d say B+ for me. The car spends most of the winter under wraps. It gets driven 2-3 times a month during the winter, then during the summer it becomes my evening and weekend car. I basically drive it any time I can put the top down and I’m not going to work.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:55 AM   #12

I would say that I'm a fair weather C driver. I haven't used the wipers yet. I turn my 2 1/2 car garage into a three car garage on foul weather days.
spgribben007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
Definitely A.

I don't need a fancy-looking piece of furniture for my garage; I need a car. So I drive my Boxster everywhere, in all weather.
YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 05:56 AM   #14

I've seen what salt does to a car... The P-car stays parked when the roads are contaminated.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #15

Mine is a daily driver. While I also have a Forester, that is used only when I need to drive the dogs somewhere, go to home depot for supplies that won't fit in the boxster or if the roads are flooded during a deluge, like last years hurricanes (I would hate to end up like the 350Z shown in another post). Although, I remember last summer there was a HUGE thunderstorm that flooded a major road that I was on. Cars were stalled all over the place but my boxster made it home. I guess the question I have is, if you live in a non-snow area, why WOULDN'T you drive your boxster all the time???
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
B/ for me I guess. My car has never seen rain nor snow, but I drive the snot out of it when the weather gets nice. I can't wait to get on the track this summer.

Pilot, hows all that snow treating ya? Hey, also, how many miles do you have racked up on your 03 so far? I have a tad over 10K right now.
Fortunately the snow is cleaned right away in NY thus the exposure of driving on the physical snow is diminished. It is still slippery full of black ice and other dangers therefore you have to drive in control and exercise proper precautions. The Boxster being midengine has good traction but it is still a racing car not a Quattro. The traction control helps and hinders sometimes you have to decide when to shut the dam thing off. This year we have had our fill of snow but that is what winter is all about. Makes you really look forward to spring.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #17

More of a weekend and night car for me. Parking space is limited at my work place so we car pool. I try to drive it at night so i can put the top down which is about the only time u can do that here in the tropics. Traffic is pretty bad in the day time as well and it is very frustrating having the car crawl in city traffic. Better to unleash the 'beast' when everyone else is asleep and not hogging the roads :troll:
Hlee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 06:35 AM   #18

Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam

I forgot to give you part b of your question. Right now I have about 17,000 of which all but 3300 are mine. Where I am working now the mileage to work dropped a lot lowering my mileage use annually to between 5500 to 7000
Old 03-01-2005, 06:50 AM   #19

None of the above. It hibernates in Winter, unless there's a nice weekend where I can clean the salt off of it before putting it back in the garage. In summer, I drive it whenever I feel like it, rain or shine. Usually that's shine. No sense in letting it sit in a parking lot getting rained on all day.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 08:03 AM   #20

Mine has been hibernating since October in a nice heated garage rite next to my bike in fact I have not seen the car since I put it away, i hope that it is still there. Oh well that is what insurance is for

Automon is offline   Reply With Quote