Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #1

Porsche-Crested European Floor Mats: Experience?

My floor mats have had it -- looking for a new set. Narrowed it down to OEM (black with black cut-out Porsche), Lloyds or these Porsche-crested mats from European Floor Mats

http://europeanfloormats.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71_91_117&products_id=209

Photos on the web site aren't nearly clear enough to give me even a vague idea of the quality. And of course no returns. Would really value the opinions of those who have or have seen these up close. They seem pricey -- but the Lloyds are not particularly cheap either. Like to hear your opinions! Thanks.

d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #2

Personally, I'd just go w/ Lloyds.

They'll be less expensive, less ostentatious and you'll have en easier time keeping a few letters clean from dirt than you will a whole crest. To me, the oversized crest (especially in a Boxster) seem extremely disproportionate (much like the Polo logos on PGA tour golf shirts). YMMV

Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:22 AM   #3
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
Personally, I'd just go w/ Lloyds.

They'll be less expensive, less ostentatious and you'll have en easier time keeping a few letters clean from dirt than you will a whole crest. To me, the oversized crest (especially in a Boxster) seem extremely disproportionate (much like the Polo logos on PGA tour golf shirts). YMMV

LOL. That reminds me... the other day, I saw a guy in a sandwich shop during lunch wearing a white long sleeve Polo button down shirt, and it had that huge horse Polo logo on the upper left side of the shirt. It looked downright ridiculous and tacky!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
I have the OEM mats (and added Momo aluminum floor plates shown in pic below), and also have a set of Lloyd's mats in black with white Boxster lettering and red piping on the outer edges of the mats.

The Llyod's mats are good quality, but there is one feature of them that I don't like: unlike the OEM mats which easily secure to the floor by way of velcro, the Llyod's mats come with plastic clips on the underside that have to be secured to the seat rails. This is also a secure set up, but that also means when you want to remove the mats for cleaning, or if you are at a car wash, the person cleaning the inside has to know that they have to unlatch the 2 clips in the each seat rail pair in order to get the mats out of the car. To me, that's a deal breaker, as I prefer to just yank my mats out whenever. I fixed this issue on my mats by just cutting off the plastic clips and then applying a patch of industrial strength velcro to the exact area where they would attach to the velcro receiver disk already installed on the floor of my car.

Oh, the nice thing about the set I have with the Momo floor plates is that it prevents wear and tear on the mats, so you greatly extend the life of your floor mats. They attach by way of small allen screws that you have to put through the mats, but the underside of each connection has a receiver that is totally flat, so it won't scratch up your floor carpet underneath at all. The one not-so-nice feature of them, however, is that the holes in the Momo plates tend to catch women's high heals, and thus, garners complaints by females in your car. LOL

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 08-27-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #5

Really, how many Porsche crest do you need on the car? "Yes we know what you drive!"

I'll stick with OEM since I prefer the velcro setup, and I'm tall so I actually prefer the thinner mat (feet lower to the floor) as supposed to the thicker aftermarket mats.

In fact I bought these real thin rubber mats for winter and I've still go them on the driver's side.

http://www.lloydmats.com/rubbertite.htm

Last edited by ekam; 08-27-2009 at 06:48 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #6

Lloyds it is. Thanks for the input, guys!
d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
I got Lloyds mats with "986" embroidered on them. Simple. I think they look good.

And I agree. Too many Porsche crests is too much. One on the hood, one on the Steering wheel and I have a subtle one that's embroidered in black thread on my black leather rear center console compartment cover.

02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote