Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #1

lowering spring

I in a need of buying a 1" lowering spring ,any idea who is the most resonable price in town?thank's

911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:23 AM   #2

Unhappy

no nobody know ?surprice
Old 02-26-2005, 06:26 AM   #3

As far as I know none of the spring will adjust to just one inch shorter, unless you go with an adjustable coilover system. There are a couple out there. I have the Bilstein coilovers, but I have mine setup for most firm and it puts it 2 1/4 inches lower then stock. if you are only looking for springs I beleive none of them will be only 1 inch shorter. I am pretty sure more of the aftermarket springs for our cars are atleast 2 inches shorter. So unless you plan to go with coilovers....good luck with your spring search. H&R springs are really nice...but again shorter then 1 inch. CLoser to 2.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #4

Actually, many people have gotten about a 1" drop with H&R Springs. The drop tends to vary even between different cars with H&R Springs, but I believe it's closer to 1" rather than 2". I believe Eibach springs drop a little less than the H&R springs, so that might be your best bet to get a 1" drop.

Search around for Eibach springs. Good luck.

http://www.yellowpimp.org/ferrari.jpg
jwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #5

H&R`s will drop your car about 1"

Neil
neil@orton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
Lux

H&R and Eibach will drop ~1 to 1.2" with their lowering springs. They also make springs that are similiar to stock that hardly drop at all as well as "extreme" drop springs that are in the 2" range. Dropping a car over 1.5" is not recommended if you drive your car anywhere on the street.

So far, the best price I've seen for springs is from www.tirerack.com . Matter of fact, they usually have the best tire prices as well.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 04:19 PM   #7

springs/coilovers

In some cases I think we have the blind leading the blind here, and I count myself among the blind because I'm neither a mechanic nor a performance tuner. However, my understanding is that adjusting the ride height with coilovers has to do with pre-tensioning the springs with the double-nut mechanism, which does nothing but ride on the outside of the shock tube. The damping/rebound is adjusted via the internal shock valving linked to an external knob. Two different functions. Max firm does not equal max lowering. Coilovers typically offer adjustable drop of 0" to 2" below stock ride height. The spring-only kits for Boxster generally have a fixed ride height of about 1" lower than stock. Of course it's never exactly the same on two different cars or even two "identical" springs on the same car.

blue_boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:36 AM   #8

i used the H&R springs and it is 3cm lower. Looks mean, however there is the scraping factor. handles better too.....
civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:50 AM   #9

thank's alot for the info guy .I have put the H&R 1" lowering into my boxster car really looked good with the BBS LM 18"-8.5 in the front 18"-10 at the rear ,but do need wheel alligment to get it negative 2 degree i will post some picture soon