986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Techno Torque 2 (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/21665-techno-torque-2-a.html)

rob76turbo 09-13-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burg Boxster
At this point since others are not providing feedback to your satisfaction, why not become a leaders instead of a followers waiting on the sidelines? Buy one, test it out for yourselves and post your results.:)

Ah....the proverbial put your money where your mouth is....I like it!

Franco 09-13-2009 12:52 PM

Hi, I'm getting one........... we have 1 out of 1 customer satisfied :D

That is 100% satisfaction :p

Group buy anyone :)

edevlin 09-13-2009 12:57 PM

"I'm following this thread and waiting for some good feedback from Pedro and IPD customers. If nobody is so impressed as to take the time to comment about it here, I'll take that as a negative opinion and figure that they are embarassed to tell us that they sepnt their money on a useless mod.

That sounds like a tough way to view it, but what else can I do? I'm just not in a position to spend the $s based on charts and graphs that are under the control or influence of the product manufacturers. I want to hear from several forum contributers. "

I got one of the units and was hoping to do a before and after dyno, but could not pull off the time or the money to make it happen. But I have to say, Pedro is a great man to work with and I am very satisified with the product. For what its worth, my butt dyno seems to feel a little more go with the techotorque2.

Ed

:dance:

Jake Raby 09-13-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Jake Raby just ran a couple dyno curves with and without the techno torque. But he gave the curves to Pedro and we're all waiting for them to be posted.... Nothing yet.
Correct, but it was a very rough evaluation on a 3.6 Liter stage I engine. Thats a very high torque engine by design.

I'll be evaluating further with more stockish engines in the coming days... I'll provide that to Pedro as well.

Nothing influences our outcomes other than actual experience.. I am not much of a political person and I'll tell people first off what I think, good or bad.

Bobiam 09-13-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edevlin
"I'm following this thread and waiting for some good feedback from Pedro and IPD customers. If nobody is so impressed as to take the time to comment about it here, I'll take that as a negative opinion and figure that they are embarassed to tell us that they sepnt their money on a useless mod.

That sounds like a tough way to view it, but what else can I do? I'm just not in a position to spend the $s based on charts and graphs that are under the control or influence of the product manufacturers. I want to hear from several forum contributers. "

I got one of the units and was hoping to do a before and after dyno, but could not pull off the time or the money to make it happen. But I have to say, Pedro is a great man to work with and I am very satisified with the product. For what its worth, my butt dyno seems to feel a little more go with the techotorque2.

Ed

:dance:

Ed....but your 2.7 has a bunch of mods that may perform better with Pedro's product. There is no saying that a stock engine setup would benefit the same.
Bob

Burg Boxster 09-14-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobiam
Ed....but your 2.7 has a bunch of mods that may perform better with Pedro's product. There is no saying that a stock engine setup would benefit the same.
Bob

:rolleyes:

blue2000s 10-02-2009 11:40 AM

How did the dyno testing turn out on these?

manolo 10-02-2009 10:46 PM

I've decided to end the speculation once and for all.....

I'm going to dyno my butt.

Jaak 10-03-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb01box
I went on the web for boxster engine and found what was titled as 2007 S engine.
the drawing shows a cutaway view of the intake plenum.
there appears to be left/right fence on the main tube and what I am suspecting as a split butterfly plate that adjusts the angle with air speed?? pic attached

if so, Techno Torque features are quite in-line with latest boxster engine intake design!

Since my motor is out being rebuilt, I have been looking at the parts discussed here and have a bit of time to investigate some "upgrades". I looked at the intake plenum I have, Part #996.110.055.00 and was wondering if one from a "newer" Boxster would be a direct replacement? Friend of mine has an Independant P-Car shop who can order parts for me at his price ....

sb01box 10-04-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaak
Since my motor is out being rebuilt, I have been looking at the parts discussed here and have a bit of time to investigate some "upgrades". I looked at the intake plenum I have, Part #996.110.055.00 and was wondering if one from a "newer" Boxster would be a direct replacement? Friend of mine has an Independant P-Car shop who can order parts for me at his price ....

I was wandering down the same road a while back. looking at the parts list, the 987 intake has vaccum/electronically controlled butterfly in the intake "T" that the ECU manipulates. as such I doubt that it is a direct drop in replacement.

On a side note, as for AOS, the 987 part can be fit into 986, replacing the plumbing from the AOS to the intake behind the throttle body (986 has one tubing, 987 has split two tubes) should suffice here.

I do not qualify even as a weekend mechanic, anyone having knowledge please chime in.

Jaak 10-04-2009 04:19 PM

The 02's seems to be controlled the same. The T is attached to the "butterfly" unit with a few longer bolts. Thought someone here may have some experiance on this.

sb01box 10-05-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

The 02's seems to be controlled the same. The T is attached to the "butterfly" unit with a few longer bolts. Thought someone here may have some experiance on this.

I had thought that up to 03, the intake "T" plumbing are the same and that after 987 series the intake "T" has the internal baffling/routing just behind the throttle body and the controlled butterfly at the "T". this is not the same as the throttle body butterfly.
picture shows the baffling/routing along with butterfly at the junction

Jaak 10-06-2009 08:48 AM

It's king of hard to compare both systems in any of the drawings I have seen. maybe someone who has worked on both can add to the discussion.

sb01box 10-08-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

It's king of hard to compare both systems in any of the drawings I have seen. maybe someone who has worked on both can add to the discussion.

picture below shows side by side of the intake plenum. the part that I was focusing in is the additional butterfly in the plenum in the "T".
it's opeation is controlled by electronics and vacuum. I don't think 986 ECU has this feature and therefore compatibility problem

DaveinMD 10-08-2009 06:49 AM

I got the unit installed in my MY03 base a few weeks ago. Did a bunch of timed runs in 4th gear from 2000 to 4000 RPM both before and after over the same road within about an hour of each other in the middle of a sunny day. The times averaged 3/4 of a second faster after the install. Haven't seen a downside to it yet - did a DE event on the 26th and really noticed the extra acceleration.

Now for the "seat of the pants" stuff: seems like the engine idles more smoothly, very low end torque seems better - less likely to stall from a standstill, maybe has a little bit more "growl" during acceleration (or maybe it's just the mind playing tricks).

Jaak 10-08-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sb01box
picture below shows side by side of the intake plenum. the part that I was focusing in is the additional butterfly in the plenum in the "T".
it's opeation is controlled by electronics and vacuum. I don't think 986 ECU has this feature and therefore compatibility problem

Thanks ... one can see that they are not compatible. Was hoping though ....

Bobiam 10-08-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinMD
I got the unit installed in my MY03 base a few weeks ago. Did a bunch of timed runs in 4th gear from 2000 to 4000 RPM both before and after over the same road within about an hour of each other in the middle of a sunny day. The times averaged 3/4 of a second faster after the install. Haven't seen a downside to it yet - did a DE event on the 26th and really noticed the extra acceleration.

Now for the "seat of the pants" stuff: seems like the engine idles more smoothly, very low end torque seems better - less likely to stall from a standstill, maybe has a little bit more "growl" during acceleration (or maybe it's just the mind playing tricks).

Good information, Dave! Do you know the length of the "run" or the speeds at start / finish for the distance?
How do you feel about price vs results?

Bob

Cloudsurfer 10-09-2009 06:28 AM

I would hypothesize that this could be made to work for owners of 03-04 cars by installing the necessary plumbing and electrical connections and flashing the DME to a 9X7 map. Highly doubt it's worth all the headache, however.

DaveinMD 10-10-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobiam
Good information, Dave! Do you know the length of the "run" or the speeds at start / finish for the distance?
How do you feel about price vs results?

Bob

It's a simple install. Didn't take long and for the money it's low on the cost for benefit in my book (at least for a Porsche :rolleyes: ). Not sure on the speeds or distance, I was so intent on watching the tach with my passenger to make sure the timings were as accurate as possible. Ran the same road in the same direction for all of the runs trying to keep the variables down. Did 7 runs both before and after to make sure I was getting good timings.

A dyno would have been nice... but I don't have access to one. This is the best I could think of to try to take a reading on if there was an improvement.

ddb 10-10-2009 01:05 PM

Just cleaned my throttle body and installed my Techno Torque2. I haven't quite buttoned up everything so I haven't yet driven it.

Does anyone know the purpose of the oddly shaped piece on the tube from the air box to the throttle body? It is close to the throttle body end.

Thanks,

ddb

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/001c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/002c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/007c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/008c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/009c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/010c.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...n0529/011c.jpg