Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #1

Leasing a Boxster--any experience?

As many may know I'm looking to join the club soon. new models are rediculously priced so I'm looking at late used 986 or early 987. The thought of leasing came to mind.

anyone here leased before? Just curious about overall experience leasing through Porsche--I leased a Honda S2000 and it's a nightmare if you want to get out--must co-sign the person assuming. just wondering what people's experience has been both during the lease and at termination--e.g. did they screw you on damages?

And any info on what you paid for your lease would be helpful too if willing to share. I know there is some info on Edmunds townhall but wanted to check here.

Any advice appreciated

CRCGuy

CRCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 AM   #2

leasing can work very well if you are able to play their rules, aka milage, maintance, milage, ect., as well as, physically place into savings or an investment, the difference that you would have paid for the car if you had traditionally bought it with a traditional loan (5 year) vs what you are paying with the lease. If you can not afford the vehicle's "payment" on a traditional loan, I would NEVER suggest leasing.

example.

65000 boxster, 5 year loan, @ 5% = $1,226.63
65000 Boxster, leased = approx. $800

You would take the spread ($426.63 per month) and put it in an investment/savings.

:dance:

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
tnoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:16 AM   #3

oh, and make sure your insurance is good. My boss wrecked his LEASED boxster about 3 months ago and had to throw some money in the kitty in order to pay off the substancial upside down loan.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
Old 07-23-2009, 10:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnoice
You would take the spread ($426.63 per month) and put it in an investment/savings.
Yeh, that's what I like about the idea. I can afford the monthly payment of financing new, but hate tying up that much cash every month, especially right now. This is arguably among the best times in the history of the stock market to invest!

CRCGuy

At one time my wife and I talked about getting an FJ Cruiser. Will have to ask you about it sometime
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 AM   #5

I would be more than happy to tell you anything you want to know about the FJ. It is quite the vehicle.

2013 Lexus IS350awd
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
2004 Porsche Boxster S
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #6

thanks tnvoice. I sent you a PM. it does look like a ton of fun--esp if you're the outdoorsy type like me.