Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 3
Red face where is the Alternetor Location?

Hi Guys, i have a Boxster S 2006. anybody knows where is the Location of the alternator? and how to remove it. some pics please.


thaaaaaaaaanks.



Last edited by mohdsabah; 05-07-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: signature
mohdsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:13 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,628
You need to remove the passenger seat to get things rolling. You can start here:

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/replacingyouralternator

There's lots of discussions in this forum---use the "search". Here's a couple to get you started:

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/19238-follow-up-alternator-questions.html#post174859

stuck in an alternator swap

If you're going to do much work on your Box, you should consider getting a shop manual!
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 3
many many thanks BOSS, this was very helpfull

__________________
Boxster S 2006 MODIFIED
mohdsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 246
Wow. That car is seriously not to my taste. I appreciate the work you did on it and its certainly a distinctive look. I am not a fan of fake carbon fiber on the wheel spokes or the headlight treatment. But as long as you like it that's all that counts.
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Posts: 131
Garage
you would typically find cars like that in the middle east. I think the general consensus there is the more you add to the car the better. "less is more" is a lost concept

i appreciate that the work is done cleanly. No half assing it.
__________________
01 Boxster - Lapis Blue - Aerokit II Daily Driver.
98 Pontiac sunfire - Winter beater- TRADED IT IN FOR 200 DOLLARS
2010 Honda Civic Coupe - Gunmetal Grey - Lease ended and returned
2011 Mercedes Benz GLK350 - Gunmetal Grey
ramo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 3
well guys, it was a challange and a big risk with this project, however, 90% of the people whom sow the car liked it and the other 10% were very disapointed
__________________
Boxster S 2006 MODIFIED

Last edited by mohdsabah; 05-14-2009 at 12:29 AM.
mohdsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:15 AM   #7
Registered User
 
husker boxster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,239
While some of the mods aren't to my taste, if you're happy that's all that matters. It's your car.

__________________
PCA National HPDE Instructor
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2007 Cayman S - SOLD on Valentine's Day 2013
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page