Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #21

Send a message via ICQ to silver2syllable
Arrow

******************************** is less expensive as well. But, strange price for maf sensor at Sunset Porsche. Have you ever consider getting it rebuilt? It only cost me $75 to get my MAF sensor rebuilt from an ASE certificate professional. I notice my MAF was a film thin type of sensor somewhat it got rebuilt at local ASE dealer. I was surprise I did not have to pay $300 for another MAF sensor. And I have no problem with it in last 9 months.

silver2syllable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #22
Porschephile

+1 complaint about Deutsche Parts

Ordered brake pad wear sensors from them on eBay. Installed all four and had a brake pad wear light on the dash. Long story short 3 of the 4 sensors they sent me were faulty. The $$ it took me to diagnose this would have paid for the OEM parts in the first place. Ended up with OEM sensors and had no issues.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd400rz
I am a power seller on eBay since 2003 ,He emailed me back and said the drop links were out of warranty since they were over a year old so he would do nothing for me, I can not believe he said or will replace all yours for free
They sent me 2 free ones as my rears were not cracked, just the fronts.

I'm not that thrilled with them though. I'll put on factory ones or Tarrett's next time around.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #24

Cool ebay seller Deutsch Parts

folks,
when are we going to learn ? just to save a few dollars....it's not worth the aggravation/frustration and Blood Pressure! .. save up for the legit parts and enjoy your toy...life is too short !
t2-bxtrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #25

The only reason I went with those drop links in the first place is they were advertised as OEM units... which they are not.

Plus, the Porsche ones suck and aren't much better.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #26

dang and i just bought pedals from that seller...
MIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #27

I've talked to a lot of people who got screwed by DP..I bought some balls joints from them a long time ago and those things went out after 6 months and of course they wouldn't return my emails etc, absolute nightmare. I have a small shop here in California selling only OEM parts for Porsche or quality (European made only) aftermarket parts and we can beat most prices (not always but 8 out of 10 times). If you're ever looking for great quality parts at a low price give me a shout, I'll try to hook you guys up. And I would really stay away from DP USA.

Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 AM   #28

Well I ordered from them an ignition switch about 2 months ago, it arrived perfectly and I already installed it without any problems, it is still working fine, so maybe it is a matter of luck!!
aparmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 AM   #29

> i actually ordered links, tie rods and pedals--all came in within 5 days!!!!
in perrfect condition!!
IM me if you have any questions

i live in canada btw fassssssssssssst shipping.
MIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #30

MIMA, their condition upon arrival is not in question. My parts arrived quickly and looked great. By asking sweetly, I was given replacements, but most of us are finding the bushings in their drop links begin to crack in less than a year of normal driving. Keep a close eye on your parts and report back as to how they hold up.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #31

Before I knew any better -- I picked up 4 water pumps.

One failed in less than 30 days.

I recalled all of them and replaced them with Porsche OEM.
Twice the price and all on my nickel -- but I don't want to
take any chances.

I contacted DPA, but they said they would replace the
defective units.

Why would I want more trash.

m
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb
I forgot to post that when I opened the plastic bag that one of the drop links was is the boot was already torn. I couldn't believe it.
Seller said they are contacting their supplier as to why the boots are failing. Also said not to send it back and implied I'll get another one once they hear from the supplier.

We'll see...
I bougt Hamburg technik tie rods from them, opened the pack and the grease was pouring out the side of the boot... Also when I put the inner/outter tie rods on the car they wouldnt tighten enough for tracking so had to take them off!!
Had to replace everything, got half the money back as they where going to send a replacement but who wants a replacement?
I contacted Hamburg Technic which was supposed to be a German company and they replied to me in broken Chinese/English
I also contacted ebay to say these suppliers are gangsters but they said they have such a positive feedback!!

Avoid this EBAY Supplier
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 AM   #33

Spammer! I really wish there was a "report this user" button :ah:
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #34

oh ****************, i just installed drop links from these guys. quality seemed good to be honest, but their service was atrocious. The salesperson was very rude.

If these things break in a week.....
mikstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #35

Guess I am the newest victim of this outfit.

Bought 3 set of brake pad sensors from them directly .. as in not through eBay but paid through PayPal .. 12 sensors ( 6 fronts and 6 back ) for $90.

Box came and there was only 9 sensors ( 6 front 3 rear ). Contacted them but havenot heard back yet .. after reading this thread, I just filed a PayPal complaint. We will see how that goes.
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #36

My personal parts arrived quickly as well as looked great. By asking sweetly, I was given replacements, but many of us are finding the bushings in their drop links begin to crack in less than a year of usual driving.
upfront559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #37
Usercpy

Garage
Hi, have anyone experienced with this item from DeutcheParts?
theres a lot of negative reviews from this seller here in forum, but the price is very low compared to other. coolant tank reservoir.

Thanks

Porsche 986 Boxster Engine Coolant Expansion Recovery Reservoir Tank 99610614708 | eBay
Old 07-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #38

The coolant tank reservoir is a very time-consuming piece to install. If you buy one that is inferior and you have to redo the work or pay someone to redo the work with a Porsche part, you will have lost all of your savings and then some by buying this cheaper part.

It's a gamble.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeching View Post
Hi, have anyone experienced with this item from DeutcheParts?
theres a lot of negative reviews from this seller here in forum, but the price is very low compared to other. coolant tank reservoir.

Thanks

Porsche 986 Boxster Engine Coolant Expansion Recovery Reservoir Tank 99610614708 | eBay
You would seriously consider buying from this company after everything you have read in this thread? Oh because it is cheaper? Gee I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.
'76 BMW R75/6
'73 Honda Scrambler
Kurt V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #40

See? Barnum was right!