Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #1

I effing love my Boxster.

I've owned my Boxster for seven months now. And I freaking love it. I haven't "loved" a car since I was a teenager in the 80's driving my Fiero.

It looks incredible.

The ride is inspired.

The sound (especially after the "Crios" mod) is sweet.

Owning the Boxster has been an eye-opening experience of how a car can be made. For example, the convertible top mechanism is a work of art. There is more finesse in that one feature than in most other cars on the road.

For the first few months, I spent a lot of time reading up on Boxster mods - I was eager to go forced-induction. Several months later, I realize that the Boxster is "complete." I'm looking for an S2K to use as a project platform, and I will continue to enjoy my Boxster the way Porsche intended.

Last edited by sd_boxster; 04-19-2009 at 07:26 PM.
sd_boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #2

I'm currently close to a month into my new car and I feel the same way. I can't not drive this thing with a big smile on my face. It sounds great, it drives great, it everythings great, haha. Though, mine does have a pretty bad scratch on it that I've been meaning to fix once I can get things a little financially stable on my end. But I could care less, it still looks great to me and that's all that matters.

We'll just call that scratch a beauty mark, haha.
Immortal1520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #3

How can you not love this car? I have had mine for almost a year now, and dispite the numerous problems encountered and fixed, I still can't bear to let it go. It is the most fun car I have ever driven.
dgentileksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I just hit two years of ownership, and completely agree. The Boxster is a fantastic mix of style, precision and fun!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #5

I will keep going up the ladder as I have had my 98w/tip for three years now and every time I get in and go for a ride I smile. In fact there are times I walk by , look at it and smile, remembering the fun I've had with it. One fine automobile
cvhs18472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #6

Wink

I've had mine about 18months. FUN with a capital F ! Got caught in the rain today, so time for a wash.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1520
Though, mine does have a pretty bad scratch on it that I've been meaning to fix once I can get things a little financially stable on my end. But I could care less, it still looks great to me and that's all that matters.

We'll just call that scratch a beauty mark, haha.
I know what you mean. Part of me wanted to get the first scratch out of the way so I wouldn't stress over it, and then it happens. Oh well. Not sure of the nature of your scratch or chip, but I've been very impressed by the Langka products. Sure it isn't a showroom finish, but it's only a $40 or so dollar kit and it made me feel better. Consider it if you are looking for an alternative while waiting for the funds for the touch up:

http://www.langka.com/

Note: Not a member of the company, just impressed with their product.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos
I know what you mean. Part of me wanted to get the first scratch out of the way so I wouldn't stress over it, and then it happens. Oh well. Not sure of the nature of your scratch or chip, but I've been very impressed by the Langka products. Sure it isn't a showroom finish, but it's only a $40 or so dollar kit and it made me feel better. Consider it if you are looking for an alternative while waiting for the funds for the touch up:

http://www.langka.com/

Note: Not a member of the company, just impressed with their product.
I actually have a friend who runs a body shop close by where I live, and I've been meaning to stop by and get it done since he can give me a discount. I've just been a bit apathetic lately, and the scratch isn't that bad at all. Most of my friends and family can't see it, so it's not TOO bad, haha.

Immortal1520 is offline   Reply With Quote