Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #1

Question Remote key and other problems, Help

I recently bought a 2001 Boxster, the car was not used for months since it was wrecked. The original battery was never removed and when the car was fixed the car was replaced with a new battery since the original battery was damage. Now I face the following problems:

1) Remote key was also replace with new battery since the one it had did not work. The Remote does not work, the red light does blink quickly but does not open doors nor hood or trunk. Car alarm does not go off too.

2) The power windows don't lower down when pressing the window bottons, but when the doors are open, the windows do lower about half of inch.

The fuses were checked and apperently all of them work.

Please help if someone knows how to fixed these problems.

Last edited by torin03; 05-14-2009 at 10:48 AM.
torin03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #2

Welcome aboard. Start searching all the threads.
Good luck.

I can tell you that with the remote key, if you have all the paperwork that came with the car including the ket serial numbers and codes, the dealer will be glad to reset the remote of the car to use the remote entry....... without the key codes, you are.. lets say: Not in a good postion.