Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2002, 01:12 PM   #1
BobM

Questions about buying an 03 Boxster S

Hi,

I am going to buy a new '03 Boxster S in the spring and I have a
few questions.

1. I live in northern Fairfield Co., Ct. (about an hour north of New York City). Do any of you have any experience with any of the dealers within say a 1 hour radius?

2. I'm considering ordering the S with only the options I want. What our your opinions on the deal I can get this way as opposed to buying a car off the lot?

3. I am 46 and have a clean driving record. This will not be my main source of transportation. What can I expect to pay for insurance?

4. Are many of you PCA members?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Old 11-02-2002, 02:12 PM   #2

Bob,

I have a friend whom purchased his 2002 C2 in CT. He lives in FL, but our local sunny dealers could not order what he wanted for the $ he wanted to pay. If you like, drop me a note and I will get the dealers/sales-person's name for you.

My experience has been one gets a better deal on a car on the lot. When I purchased my 01 Boxster, I thought about ordering. However, my dealer gave me an offer I could not refuse on a car in the lot. It was actually extremely close to exactly what I wanted (short of Litronics -- bummer...).

I was also 46 when I purchased my car. My insurance, in Florida, was actually less then my wifes car ('91 BMW 525i). My agent told me the car's safety features brought the coverage down. Go figure -- 10 years newer, worth a "bit" more $, and around 12% less to cover.

Yes, I am a PCA member -- well worth the $. The monthly mag is cool and local stuff is also good.

Join Up!!!

Ed
ehljags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
Forum Member

Thanks Ed. I sent you a private message

Bob

BobM is offline   Reply With Quote