Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
^^^
I guess I'm scared of coming off looking like the dumb girl that shows up and can't drive in front of everyone.
Everybody is a beginner at everything at some point - just look how many years it takes to learn how to walk.

Never, ever worry about what other people are thinking about you. They are mostly worried about what other people are thinking about them! A waste of brain power either way.

The truth is, most people are encouraging and enthusiastic whether its your first time out or you are a veteran competing to get FTD [Fatstest Time of the Day].
This is true of well grounded people no matter what you are doing. There is no expectation from me that some day I will be remarkable at the track. Maybe, maybe not. I am having fun all the same.

As far as being scared of anything, the hardest thing for me is to walk in to a sea of strangers and start trying to make them familiar friends. And being female, the hardest experience is when men think you are hitting on them because you are being friendly. It was weird but now I know - plus not all men are like that.

Good advice in this thread if you are considering new ways to play with your car. I think you will like it.

FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #22

The closest track to us, Reno\Fernely Raceway has several open track days per year. We found about the last one on the SCCA's web site for our region. The track day was free, and we were paced by a pace car (duh). We have another one comming up this month, and we will be attending. I would look into the same thing in your area. Good luck! It was SO MUCH FUN! and it was behind a pace car!

941MXVET is offline   Reply With Quote