Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #21

Please learn from my idiotic mistake.

Buy an S with some factory warranty on it that has been babied and loved.

If you cannot afford this car, keep saving your money until you can afford it.

Do not think that you can buy a high mileage, out of warranty boxster for cheap and not sink $2k or more PER YEAR into the car to keep it running.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #22

It took me 14 months to buy my 2001 S with 47K. I test drove many different model years and transmission types. For the last 6 months of searching I was aware of the location of every Boxster in the US and Canada in the colour combination I wanted. I finally was able to find the combination of a one owner car with complete maintenance records. I paid fair market value and could not be happier with the car. I could have bought a 2008 but decided on the 2001 S and I am prepared for the anticipated repairs and maintenenace. It is a tough choice to know what you will be happy with however going into it prepared with all the info from this site and others it's hard not to balance it with the pure fun of driving the Boxster.