Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 06:16 AM   #21

Garage
expensive touch up paint

was on way to bmw dealership for a bottle of touch up paint for my 1975 bmw 2002 3 weeks ago. i had to pass the P dealership both ways. had a very nice 2008 s with 6 k miles and a fair lode of options. they wanted 49k. my 2002 was in storage for 19 years, had 90k miles on it and was in good condition. drove the box, had check book in hand, and was ready to buy. told sales person only had 40k in the account, no more. told him i was writing check for 40k to buy today. wouldn't do the deal; i walked. drove 30 mins, found another with fewer options and wrote a check for 40k.

man, that paint cost me 40k, but color was wrong

dan

TWODAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWODAN
was on way to bmw dealership for a bottle of touch up paint for my 1975 bmw 2002 3 weeks ago. i had to pass the P dealership both ways. had a very nice 2008 s with 6 k miles and a fair lode of options. they wanted 49k. my 2002 was in storage for 19 years, had 90k miles on it and was in good condition. drove the box, had check book in hand, and was ready to buy. told sales person only had 40k in the account, no more. told him i was writing check for 40k to buy today. wouldn't do the deal; i walked. drove 30 mins, found another with fewer options and wrote a check for 40k.

man, that paint cost me 40k, but color was wrong

dan
Dan:

LOL! Real BMW's have round tail lights...yours is off by two years! J/K!

Congrats on your new purchase. As other posters have mentioned in this thread, cash is king. The other interesting bit about your "adventure" is that if the first dealer actually let you walk out without taking your 40K on the spot, you know that you are definitely getting a good deal on the one you bought.

Regards, Maurice.

schoir is offline   Reply With Quote