Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #61

Ahhh good to know Grizz, I will sleep better tonight knowing those duckers are all safe.

How is that back doing? Loaded down with all that equipment it is no wonder you are bent over and feel pain. Can't imagine you rappelling down the side of a building loaded down like that and not wake up screaming. Go easy and mind your six.

AKL USSA

Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:59 AM   #62

Im kinda worried, Im back in NY for a good while and my rear PSs are down to the wear bars, but I don't have time to change them. I was accelerating (not hard) on a road at night and got a significant amount of wheel hop... Seems like the box is gonna be spending a lot of time in the garage...

And LB confirmed my suspicion that a person could, actually, fit in my front trunk. Ive been telling my friends that its do-able for quite some time!

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

Last edited by fragdude; 12-16-2008 at 01:01 AM.
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #63

That frunk picture was classic. Nice to see it pop up again. All my frunk sees is cases or wine or a helmet and overnight bag.
987gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #64

$500 for any shoes is simply crazy ! My $45 New Balance suits me just fine. Now if I win the lottery I might change my mind.
gmboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmboxster
$500 for any shoes is simply crazy ! My $45 New Balance suits me just fine. Now if I win the lottery I might change my mind.
May I go out on a limb and assume you are a male? If you have ever seen a pair of these Christian Lo Boos ( I can't spell or pronounce the real last name) with the red souls on a good legged woman you may change your mind. A pair of black pumps are the ultimate sexy shoe for a woman, at least in my eyes, and I know others, including ladies, agree. If I win the lottery (which is unlikely as wasting money on that is really crazy, again in my eyes) I will immediatly buy my wife a pair of those shoes and maybe a year old Boxster or get one of Jake Rabys 3.2 bored out engines for my 2.7 '02, now maybe THAT is simply crazy but I sure would like it.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmboxster
I think the ones Lovebunny have are over $1300.

LB: Correct me if I'm wrong?
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #67
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I don't understand spending so much on shoes,
but then again none of the girls I know understand why I spend so much on my car.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #68
fab

OK, I can relate spending $$$ on GOOD shoes/boots. Come on guys.....you like it! Probably not the paying part but...if we look good in them why not!

As for snow...ugh we got tons of snow this past weekend luckily I had my car stored for the winter. Miss it ....come on spring
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #69

those guys Jimmy Choo, Louis Vouitton, etc. are geniuses. They make a pair of shoes for $30 and then charge 15X's that. And the Louis V is not even real leather!!! Explain that one to me?!!

p.s.

I just paid $170 to have my Pirelli snow tires mounted. I tell you everyone wants Perfectlap's money!!! I should have picked up those $700 Carrera replicas when they were still available or I still had $700 to spend!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #70

^--------- single

i can't even imagine seeing that much snow... EVER...
i'm in texas (san antonio) and the closest thing we get to snow is "sleet" (and the whole city shuts down lol)
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #71

It boils down to disposable income, priorities and practical / common sense. We all have our niceties that we are willing to part more for. If the wifey dropped $500 or more on shoes, hand to hand tactical combat would ensue. If I were to come home wearing a Rolex I would expect the same (I never understood such things). If LB makes a decent buck and those boots do it for her, go for it. Now Cohibas and Dalwhinnie 15 yr Scotch is a whole 'nother story.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #72

since this thread is wandering a bit, heres a photo of my freshly cleaned Boxster in the snow. We have had a lot of snow for the Seattle area, people have been freaking out for about a week. I live up a steep hill and so far made it up about 7 out of the 8 times. I found out how bad bald Conti's on the rear are. I dropped a pair of fronts from a C4S that have Pirelli snows. Next year I will have a full set of Blizzaks on the 17's that should make it a bit more fun.

And as far as shoes go, I appreciate quality but will not spend more than $160 for a pair of top quality hiking boots or Nomex driving shoes.
2009 Triumph Street Triple R - 27K mi - Blazen Orange
1976 Ford F250 camper special - tow vehicle
944boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I don't understand spending so much on shoes,
but then again none of the girls I know understand why I spend so much on my car.
Go rent The Devil Wears Prada.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #74

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 944boy
since this thread is wandering a bit, heres a photo of my freshly cleaned Boxster in the snow. We have had a lot of snow for the Seattle area, people have been freaking out for about a week. I live up a steep hill and so far made it up about 7 out of the 8 times. I found out how bad bald Conti's on the rear are. I dropped a pair of fronts from a C4S that have Pirelli snows. Next year I will have a full set of Blizzaks on the 17's that should make it a bit more fun.

And as far as shoes go, I appreciate quality but will not spend more than $160 for a pair of top quality hiking boots or Nomex driving shoes.

994boy,

What a great opportunity to get a picture! A clean black car (with the top dropped) contrasted against a snow white scene. The best would be right after a fresh snow fall when there aren't any footprints, maybe some trees in the background covered in snow. I hope it snows here in OKC because I'll be breakin' out the camera.

Dave
Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #75

This thread needs to be revisited. And I needed to make this.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #76

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Hahaha, that's awesome! Thanks for posting it.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote