986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Hid (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/19000-hid.html)

krdehner 12-08-2008 04:41 PM

Litronic

I just purchased a set of Litronic headlights, I tried to plug them into my 1999 Boxster with no luck. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

RandallNeighbour 12-08-2008 06:59 PM

I plugged mine in and they worked right away. The electronic box that tilts them up when the high beams didn't work, but everything else worked fine without any mods.

Did you check the fuse?

Ofishbein 12-09-2008 04:49 AM

I'm not sure I understand - is there a problem getting them to install in the openings and lock in? Or do they not illuminated once installed?

Not to imply that I would have a solution either way, I just wanted to clear up the nature of the problem in case anyone else has some insight.

achillian 12-09-2008 09:05 AM

Litronics

krdehner-

I also have a '99 boxster and I installed Litronics (which I purchased new from Suncoast). It should be a straight swap. All the HID wiring and ballasts are located within your litronic headlight units. You should be able to slide the old lights out, and slide the new lights in. This is what I did and mine work perfectly. As randall mentioned, my HID light beams do not tilt up when I turn on my brights because I did not install the electric box which causes them to do so.

Did your purchase your headlights new or used?

krdehner 12-13-2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I plugged mine in and they worked right away. The electronic box that tilts them up when the high beams didn't work, but everything else worked fine without any mods.

Did you check the fuse?

They are missing one bulb, but none of the lights work. I put my standard ones in and they work, so I don't think it could be the fuse.

krdehner 12-13-2008 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by achillian
krdehner-

I also have a '99 boxster and I installed Litronics (which I purchased new from Suncoast). It should be a straight swap. All the HID wiring and ballasts are located within your litronic headlight units. You should be able to slide the old lights out, and slide the new lights in. This is what I did and mine work perfectly. As randall mentioned, my HID light beams do not tilt up when I turn on my brights because I did not install the electric box which causes them to do so.

Did your purchase your headlights new or used?

I got them from a guy who pulled them from his Boxster, so I guess if I can't them to work I am going to have to return them.

djomlas 12-13-2008 10:39 AM

should be plug and play
im on my 3rd set so far, and they all have been plug and play

shaman1204 12-13-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djomlas
should be plug and play
im on my 3rd set so far, and they all have been plug and play

Third set? Where are you getting them from?