Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #1

Anyone in So CaL with the Pedro Sport Exhaust?

I have read the threads on the Pedro Sport exhaust - and it is tempting to do to my car. I really have no desire to spend the kind of money it would take to buy an aftermarket system like Fabspeed, etc.

the P(edro)SE sounds like for a couple hundred buck in parts/labor at a muffler shop I can get the same effect as the OEM PSE system.

I have a 2000. I kind of like how the pipes are visible under the car.. i sort of DIS-like how my stock muffler hangs low and you can see the ugly finish of the mufler..if I had some nice stainless steel tubing there, it would cover up the ugly muffler and look nice - at least to me. NOt sure what the overall consesus is on whether that "look" is good or not...

i don't really like the tip on my car now - i prefer the dual tips of the S - although I don't know how hard or how $$ it would be to add on a different tip when the car is in having the PSE mod done...

I'd really, however, like to find somenoe with this mod already done that I could listen to in person. the soundclips online just don't reproduce how it sounds and I'd like to hear it live - to see if I would really want to do this.

i don't want to butcher up my muffler, only to find out I don't like it, and have to pay to undo it...and have a hacked up muffler as the end result...

anyone in So Cal that has this done and would let me hear their car?

23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #2

I highly recommend this modification, but am in Illinois and can't help you out. My bypass pipes really aren't visible due to their higher position; additionally, aftermarket diffusers hide the muffler and clean up the back. Here is a fairly crappy picture, but you'll get the idea. I say go for it though; cheap money for a great result and sound. I've since added secondary cat bypass pipes, so my car really screams.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #3

do you have a newer rear bumper? i though that style rear bumper on your car only came on 03 and newer cars??? is that somethign you changed wtih an updated OEM part or is it aftermarket?
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:33 AM   #4

I had the modification done to my S muffler and it does sound a lot like the PSE. At the TOD trip last year I was able to listen to bmussatti's PSE which sounded a lot like the Pedro sport modification. Due to a weird turn of events I ended up putting a NHP muffler on my car so I have an S muffler with the modification done to it sitting in my garage.

bmussatti, Would you agree that they sounded very similar? They aren't identical by any means but I'm not sure how to describe the difference?
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
I have read the threads on the Pedro Sport exhaust - and it is tempting to do to my car. I really have no desire to spend the kind of money it would take to buy an aftermarket system like Fabspeed, etc.

the P(edro)SE sounds like for a couple hundred buck in parts/labor at a muffler shop I can get the same effect as the OEM PSE system.

I have a 2000. I kind of like how the pipes are visible under the car.. i sort of DIS-like how my stock muffler hangs low and you can see the ugly finish of the mufler..if I had some nice stainless steel tubing there, it would cover up the ugly muffler and look nice - at least to me. NOt sure what the overall consesus is on whether that "look" is good or not...

i don't really like the tip on my car now - i prefer the dual tips of the S - although I don't know how hard or how $$ it would be to add on a different tip when the car is in having the PSE mod done...

I'd really, however, like to find somenoe with this mod already done that I could listen to in person. the soundclips online just don't reproduce how it sounds and I'd like to hear it live - to see if I would really want to do this.

i don't want to butcher up my muffler, only to find out I don't like it, and have to pay to undo it...and have a hacked up muffler as the end result...

anyone in So Cal that has this done and would let me hear their car?
CJ and Blueillusion have it done. Hey CJ!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC
do you have a newer rear bumper? i though that style rear bumper on your car only came on 03 and newer cars??? is that somethign you changed wtih an updated OEM part or is it aftermarket?
That's the oem rear bumper for 1997-2002 cars. The owner has added "rear diffusers" underneath to flank the exhaust tips. Diffusers can be purchased from a variety of different vendors ranging in price from $200 (fiberglass) to $300 (carbon fiber)
Rareair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #7

Exactly...thought I mentioned that in my post. They were fairly easy to paint and install, even though it meant I had to remove the bumper cover again; I'm getting pretty good at it.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #8

Sorry to revive an old thread but is there a current list of So.Cal owners with the PedroSE?
rijc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #9

I have it.

Niche is offline   Reply With Quote