Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 AM   #1

Having suspension probs with my Audi...

First off, I've researched for an hour this morning and cannot find any info on my usually Audi sites.
I have a B4 A4 as my daily. (Bought it new almost ten years ago and it's been solid!)

Anyway, the wife went through a construction area a month ago (which was closed off) and bent all four rims. (Yes, I was pissed at her)
Long story short...
We replaced the wheels with new ones and now when I hit a bump, or brake at speeds over 50mph, the front (feels like from the right) bounces violently.
I'm not sure if this would be a control arm, shock, spring?

I'm really trying to get an idea of what this is before I attempt to fix it. Suspension work is expensive and I've spent money in the past on things that didn't need fixing. At this point in the cars life I'd rather not do that anymore.

I appreciate any help.

bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #2

Sounds like the front shocks are shot, but there could be more that needs to be replaced such as shock mounts, swaybar bushings, etc. After they're replaced you'll have to get an alignment done.

Last edited by ekam; 11-19-2008 at 07:23 AM.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #3

That's what I was thinking... I don't know what else would cause that major bumping. I do have a warped rotor, but this symptom happens even when I'm not applying the brakes.

bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote