Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to St. Louis Boxster
Jan 9th? Top down in St. Louis? What?

For you frustrated Canucks missing hockey and warm weather... It was 59 degrees and sunny in St. Louis today.. Took a 3 hour ride in the country with the top down. It was a thing of beauty. As I slapped through the gears rolling in and out of turns it reminded why I love this car !!!

Hang in there all, spring is just around the corner !!!

Old 01-10-2005, 07:42 AM   #2

I know..it is supposed to be 61 here (Boston) on Thursday! Crazy!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #3

STL,

Where did you go? I didn’t get out this weekend I wanted to, but just ran out of time on Sunday. On nice days I like to drive out to Fast Eddies for lunch. We usually take the ferry into Calhoun County and drive around there a bit, then head up the river. A co-worked is a big Harley-Davidson guy. He and his buddies do it all the time they call it “Riding the Ferries.” The only problem is that you really need to pay attention to the water level in the river. If it is too low, the Boxster will bottom out getting on and off. However, this time of year I think the ferries are closed due to ice in the river.

http://www.greatriverroad.com/SecondaryPages/ferries.htm#Calhoun%20County,%20Illinois
Old 01-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to St. Louis Boxster
Took a ride down through Washington and the backroads to Jeff City. I was really nice out there and since the weather has been lousy.. the roads were pretty open. Your trip to Fast Eddies sounds like a great ride. That route 3 to Piere Marquette is cool route as well.