Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #1

LED Gauges. question

Has anyone done the LED gauge swap?
The install seems fairly easy. What bothers me is that when I have my lights on, the backlight from the other bulbs makes my "coolant" light appear to be on as well as the low fuel light.

What I am wondering is if I replace the 3 main bulbs with (lets say) blue LED bulbs and left the 2 tan outer bulbs "stock", would this still show the coolant and fuel light as orange and the large main gauges blue?

also, has anyone done the swap where they move the AC controls to the cd holder area and also swapped to LEDs in the console stuff?

Thanks!

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM   #2

*bump*

no one has done this?
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:44 PM   #3

I did the swap one of the best mods I think I have done. I started with the blue leds.....they are just too blue and are not very bright...Hard to see in the day. I then swaped them out to the white ones and they are awsome....it would look pretty funny if you only did the 3. I did my gauges first to see if I liked them, because they are plug-n-play and are quickly reversable, the switches are not. Then I did all the switches, cig lighter, and the AC unit. If you know how to solder this is a great mod but not a simple one. It was a little scarry tearing apart the ac unit wondering if it would all work out. I always hated the orange/amber look. The white really updates the interior. In my book you do it all or nothing (gauges and AC) other wise it won't look factory.....It's gonna look all mix matched.

boxster7614 is offline   Reply With Quote