Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #1

Targa Newfoundland

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Targa Newfoundland.

http://www.targanewfoundland.com/

I have caught some it on TV. Unfortunately for me it’s clear across the continent. Sounds like it would be quite fun. A lot of work and tiring though.

I have been to Newfoundland before, the people there are very friendly. I was reading in the newspaper about one competitor who asked a resident if he could use her bathroom. When he came out, there were some milk and cookies waiting for him.

profpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #2

Garage
Targa Newfoundland, while I was in the U.S. Air Force I transited though St. Johns (on the east side) and Stephensville (on the west) of the island. The country has breathless beauty, from the quaint and quiet fishing villages to the deep fjords (that I've flown through) that make the Grand Canyon look like a ditch along the road.

I couldn't imagine participating in a road rally though that gorgeous country side because I wouldn't be able to concentrate, I'd be to busy looking at all the scenery. I've drank with the locals in St. Johns and they made me feel like I was one of their own. Stephensville has an air show that I've participated in, and ever two years and they pull out all the stops, food, concerts, hospitality and the air show itself. It is truly a wonderful country.

These are just my thoughts, and they may be a little bias because I was born in Goose Bay, Happy Valley, Labrador. Newfoundlands next door neighbor.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #3

I'd love to run it. I saw the GolfBlau 914-6 that was badly damaged there in 06 or 07. Having seen that wreck I couldn't believe that it could be repaired.

Totally screwed the front end when failed to make tight curve in the wet. I think the guy said he even salvaged the front trunk lid!

And yep, I too made a few stop-overs in Goose bay courtesy of the USAF on my way to various USMC contingencies. Beautiful country even in stark winters.
PCA since 1970
70Sixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
cartagena

Newfoundland is Canada's equivalence to the deep, deep South in the USA. Think of the movie "Deliverance" before going there. Click here for a link!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:46 AM   #5

Garage
Before insulting and insinuating that other countries are in some ways backward and out of touch, you should look at your own. People in glass houses...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
cartagena

I am 4th generation Canadian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Before insulting and insinuating that other countries are in some ways backward and out of touch, you should look at your own. People in glass houses...
Old 10-04-2008, 01:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartagena
Newfoundland is Canada's equivalence to the deep, deep South in the USA.
Yes, it is beautiful, isn't it?