Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
Actually, some of those bags probably hold their value better than your boxster. Like I say, it's all in what YOU want to spend YOUR money on. You have a boxster. There are women who could care less about a car and are happy driving a 10-year-old Honda but are serious about their handbag collections.

And where I live there are people living under the Claiborne overpass.

LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #42

yes those bags can actually appreciate in value....not the shoes though.
But unlike the bags, the shoes will actually get you from point a to point b...... (much like Boxster)

The analogy is a good one though. These people who make luxury goods(POrsche, Fendi, etc) mark up prices, laugh all the way to the bank and sell more stuff the more expensive it is.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #43
cartagena

A Boxster is a great work of engineering that costs millions to develop. They are only so cheap because the are mass produced. I have to wonder how many thousands of hours would go into making a car like it from scratch.

A purse, well, it is a bag. Two or three hours work maybe? The only reason to have one is to say "look what I have that you were not willing to foolishly blow your money on". The ads for these purses say it all. Things like "no actress would be seen in Hollywood without her Hermes purse"....it makes me want to gag.

But I *DO* absolutely *AGREE* that people should be able to spend their own money on anything they want. That does not mean though that other people cannot make fun of them for buying something dumb.

I remember in SEA seeing knockoffs of these bags made of real crocodile skin for a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I should get one and sell it on that web site. I am sure no one would know. I will donate my profits to needy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
Actually, some of those bags probably hold their value better than your boxster. Like I say, it's all in what YOU want to spend YOUR money on. You have a boxster. There are women who could care less about a car and are happy driving a 10-year-old Honda but are serious about their handbag collections.

And where I live there are people living under the Claiborne overpass.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:05 PM   #44

Actually, if you tried to sell any kind of knock-off on the Purse Forum people would know. You'd also get kicked off the site for trying to sell something.

But as hard as it may be for some to believe, some of us see our purses and shoes as works of art too. Actually, the first purse I bought that brought me to that site I simply saw a woman I was working with carrying and I wanted it. I had no idea how expensive it was, but I was in love with it all the same.

I can't believe I started a thread and got everybody talking about purses and shoes though. I was just excited about the picture of the Boxster, and nobody seemed to notice the car over there on the purse forum.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM   #45

Quote:
Actually, if you tried to sell any kind of knock-off on the Purse Forum people would know. You'd also get kicked off the site for trying to sell something.

But as hard as it may be for some to believe, some of us see our purses and shoes as works of art too. Actually, the first purse I bought that brought me to that site I simply saw a woman I was working with carrying and I wanted it. I had no idea how expensive it was, but I was in love with it all the same.

I can't believe I started a thread and got everybody talking about purses and shoes though. I was just excited about the picture of the Boxster, and nobody seemed to notice the car over there on the purse forum.
Purse forum: Talked about the Purse
Boxster forum: Talked about the purse
there fore:
Purse>Boxster

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #46

Is that some kind of Boxster/Purse logic equation? Let's throw in a PlayStation too while we're at it. My brother went gaga when that latest one just came out and had to have it.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #47

Quote:
Is that some kind of Boxster/Purse logic equation? Let's throw in a PlayStation too while we're at it. My brother went gaga when that latest one just came out and had to have it.
Well, I think to properly factor PlayStation 3 into the equation we would have to add some things. For one, we would have to have a picture of someone with a Boxster, Purse and playstation in one picture on the purse forum, also that photo to a playstation forum as well as the picture of Ashley in the Box to it as well. Then we would have inject the playstation/box/purse picture into this forum without people catching drift of it. After that, we have to see what people talk about on all 3 forums, and if they talk about another thing in the picture.

Its pretty complicated, but I think its doable....

-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

Old 07-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #48

to further hijack this thread....I'm reading a book about the Camora in Naples.
their one of the three big mafias in Italy. The knock off purse black market is gazzilions of dollars. The purses are made by real artisans and the cost is peanuts while they turn around and sell them for huge profits. My friend's wife used to work for Prada and she told me that the knock offs are so good that the salespeople couldn't tell a difference and they had to sent upstairs to a lab where they would look at the stuff under microscope. People would come in all the time and were shocked to find out they had a phoney.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #49
FTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
to further hijack this thread....I'm reading a book about the Camora in Naples.
their one of the three big mafias in Italy. The knock off purse black market is gazzilions of dollars. The purses are made by real artisans and the cost is peanuts while they turn around and sell them for huge profits.
A Godfather remake in the making, except gambling, alcohol and drugs are replaced by haut couture! A much more cosmopolitan spin.
You'd have to replace annihilation by massive gunfire with gross public humiliation [has to golf with OJ?] and messages sent in fish wrapper replaced by a knock off with a real designer original inside, with a sardine inside it?
FTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTD
A Godfather remake in the making, except gambling, alcohol and drugs are replaced by haut couture! A much more cosmopolitan spin.
You'd have to replace annihilation by massive gunfire with gross public humiliation [has to golf with OJ?] and messages sent in fish wrapper replaced by a knock off with a real designer original inside, with a sardine inside it?
I'm sold! you got my 10 dollars

-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)