Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #1

Unhappy Left headlight unit completely non-functioning. Need help.

It seems my left headlight unit from a 2000 Boxster S with Litronics is completely not working (including xenons, high beams, turn signals, parking light). I first noticed this when I hit the left turn signal and the turn indicator on the dash blinked very fast. I thought this might be a left turn signal bulb issue so I replaced that bulb with a new one, but the left turn bulb still didn't light (although the left rear one does).

I also checked the fuses to make sure they weren't blown. I swapped the fuses related to the right headlight bulbs (which are all fully functioning) into the slots related to the left headlight bulbs and it still didn't work.

I'm totally out of ideas. Any input from anyone here would be most appreciated! Thanks.

http://www.yellowpimp.org/ferrari.jpg
jwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #2

I know this sounds silly, but check to see that it plugs in completely when you put the headlight assembly in. On mine, the plastic that holds the headlight harness in place broke slightly loose from the mount and I had the same issue. To get it working, I slid the headlight on the track as far back as I could and reached my hand into the opening to plug it in the back of the headlight assembly. Another thing to check is the main ground for that side. It's located inside the trunk area, you'll see several brown wires going to a stud that sticks out of the side wall just opposite of the headlights. Let me know if this works for you. Good luck!
releese78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #3

I would certainly remove the entire assembly and re-install it. I had this happen with my Litronics and the connection was bad. Make sure the harness is plugged into the housing. This should fix it. If you have checked the obvious, fuses, relays, etc.

Good luck!

AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote