Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Cooler Seats?

Occasionally on cooler days I wish I had heated seats to make top-down driving more comfortable. More often I wish I had ventilated seats for hotter days or even better, air conditioned seats available on more and more cars.

I did some searching and found a couple of aftermarket products that attempt to provide what I want. Unfortunately they are unattractive and I probably won't buy one. Just curious if anyone has tried such a product and how did it work? Does your back get stuck to the seats during warm weather top-down driving? Any other solutions (other than buying another car or possibly losing weight)?

Thanks,

ddb

http://www.comforthouse.com/summerseat.html

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/thcosecu.html

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
bmussatti

I have had rental cars with a/c leather seating...and it was the $hit! I would like it in the Boxster, but I don't know how well it would work with the top done. Don't want to "rob" any HP's either.

This was one of the main reasons I selected a lighter color leather. Cooler in the sun.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #3

I wasn't too keen on a black interior in a convertible but didn't have a choice with my LE. Even though we haven't gotten to the dog days of summer yet, I've been impressed with the Alcantara inserts in my seats on the hot days we've had. It seems cooler than leather. Maybe you could have some inserts sewn into your seats? Shouldn't be too expensive compared to other options and would look nice.

Just be ready when everyone wants to rub your seats.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #4

Check out the 2009 Carrera "Active Seat Ventilation":

http://www.seriouswheels.com/2009/nopq/2009-Porsche-911-Carrera-and-Carrera-S-Coupe-and-Convertible-Active-Seat-Ventilation-1280x960.htm
Old 07-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to LoveBunny
I always get a hot sweaty butt in my seats with the top down. I'd love to have cooled seats, but I'm so used to being hot I can live with it. I did notice a huge difference in comfort when I decided to start wearing a hat when I drive though.
LoveBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBunny
but I'm so used to being hot
It's difficult to deter guy's attention isn't it.
ekam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #7
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Bmussatti, I'm with you on the lighter color interior, mine is grey.

Husker, good point with the Alcantara. I tend to think of it as a way to better plant the driver in the seat during spirited driving. Another benefit is more comfort in the heat and cold.

S & B, thanks for the link. It is nice to know Porsche is getting with the program. Another reason to want a new one.

LB, it is hot and humid in Charlotte and I can imagine it is worse in NO. You and the many other triple-black owners are tougher than me. Your cars look great, but I don't think I could handle the heat.

Happy 4th!

ddb

ddb is offline   Reply With Quote