Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
This is EXACTLY what I would do...

www.electricporsche.net

I sent those guys an email about your situation. I was meaning to do it just out of curiosity (or peace of mind!) in the event that similar fate were to befall my beloved BoxsterS. Seems to me that dumping $15K into a 10 year old car is a losing battle. Now on the other hand if its got no need for $5 gas you might have something good on your hands.
This is sucks, that converted a 959 into an electric car. I'm sorry (this is kinda hijacking the thread), but thats like drawing over a picasso with glow in the dark pen saying, "hey look, this is just better!" (in a Jeremy Clarkson manner of course)

2002 Boxster S 6 Speed (Ocean Blue/Savannah)
-De-Snorkled, Porsche (B&M) Short Shifter, EVO Shift Linkage
-H7 HID Upgrade
-Rennwerke Maintained
1998 Bouvier (Brindle)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/42...425x425Q85.jpg

Last edited by Brucelee; 07-12-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: language edit
fragdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I wonder if the Subaru 3 lite six would fit. I think this makes about 240 HP or more stock?
Might as well go with one of the 2.5 turbo motors. Easy hp, huge aftermarket. I bet Renegade could be of some assistance.
silver arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:28 AM   #63

I just got back from signing over the title. I'm back to being a VW guy, the difference bing that I used to be a VW guy with aspirations of being a Porsche guy, and now I'm just a VW guy.
Best of luck to you all - I hope your cars treat you better than mine did. Thanks for your input.
Time for a new hobby - I'm going mountain bike shopping.
AddictionRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #64
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictionRacing
I just got back from signing over the title. I'm back to being a VW guy, the difference bing that I used to be a VW guy with aspirations of being a Porsche guy, and now I'm just a VW guy.
Best of luck to you all - I hope your cars treat you better than mine did. Thanks for your input.
Time for a new hobby - I'm going mountain bike shopping.
Damn. Really sorry to hear it had to end that way man. Hope your next car treats you better.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
I wonder if the Subaru 3 lite six would fit. I think this makes about 240 HP or more stock?
Exactly what we are talking about. 3.0 boxer 6, 2.5 turbo boxer 4 AND Subaru is now geting ready to come out with a boxer 6 DIESEL. How about that with a turbo and maybe some help from Banks????????? Can you say mega torque turbo-diesel 6 spd? Can you say Boxster R-10?