Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 07:22 AM   #21

Frodo, when you said you were thinking about wet sanding I thought you meant wet sanding a large area. Wet sanding the small spec of touch up paint is fine. I'd start of with a really high grit and work down.

darkhamr, I use an acrylic wax from http://986forum.com/forums/finishkareusa.com called 1000P. It dries like cement. I use it as a base wax for long term protection. I'll use a spray wax over it (a booster) like an Aqua Wax from duragloss, a tremendous bargain for $8 in a big bottle. if you're having issues with the surface losing its slickness or accumulating dirt I would recommend using an ant-static spray like 425 from the finishkareusa site as your LSP (last step product). The longevity of these products is tremendous for the low prices. I buy 425 by the gallon and always keep a few bottles in the garage.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #22

Griots Garage..all of his stuff is top notch...the clay is supirior to all...and his random orbital machine will NEVER burn your paint..highly recommend.
www.griotsgarage.com
1998 Arctic Silver Boxster
stcroixdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #23

Quote:

"...I thought you meant wet sanding a large area."

Posted by Perfectlap.

Heck no, I'm nervous enough just workin' on these little specks with sand paper. SANDING LARGE AREAS?! I'd be as likely to take a chain saw to it...
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcroixdrew
Griots Garage..all of his stuff is top notch...the clay is supirior to all...and his random orbital machine will NEVER burn your paint..highly recommend.
www.griotsgarage.com
I was going to suggest the Griots too coz' my wife order it for Fathers day gift and it's due today. Can't wait to try it out this weekend

unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 AM   #25

I havent heard anyone mention Zaino Brothers.

I have used their products on my cars and love the results. Their polish is the easiest to use too. Put it on, let dry for a few hours, wipe off and presto. It doesnt discolor rubber or plastic either.

I use to use other polishes and waxes and found that they came right off with the next wash regardless of the car wash soap I used. Zaino lasts and you can put on multiple layers to give the finish a wet look that lasts for a month or longer.

No I am not a rep. for Zaino stuff, just a car lover who finally found a product line that works.
gwrx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrx64
I havent heard anyone mention Zaino Brothers.

I have used their products on my cars and love the results. Their polish is the easiest to use too. Put it on, let dry for a few hours, wipe off and presto. It doesnt discolor rubber or plastic either.

I use to use other polishes and waxes and found that they came right off with the next wash regardless of the car wash soap I used. Zaino lasts and you can put on multiple layers to give the finish a wet look that lasts for a month or longer.

No I am not a rep. for Zaino stuff, just a car lover who finally found a product line that works.
I heard great things about Zaino. There has been a long debate between Zymol and Zaino being the best. The two Z's . From all the waxes I tried. Zaino is the best by far, if you really love your car. you'll do multiple coats.

hqduong is offline   Reply With Quote